Radio code - Fabia Symphony head unit

Hi guys, Ive just had a Bluetooth hands free fitted to the car. The intaller had to disconnect the radio. once plugged back in, the radio is in SAFE mode wanting the code to be entered. I have no radio code in my hand book. Is there anywhere I can locate it?

Thanks in advance

Hi guys, Ive just had a Bluetooth hands free fitted to the car. The intaller had to disconnect the radio. once plugged back in, the radio is in SAFE mode wanting the code to be entered. I have no radio code in my hand book. Is there anywhere I can locate it?

Thanks in advance

Hi it should be attached to the sticker inside the radio manual (if you have it). It is always a 4 digit number.

Later cars (like yours) don't need a code - you turn the ignition on and then the radio on and the CAN bus links up and unlocks it.

As has been said above, if you have previously had the radio in that car then it shouldn't need a code - Just leave it switched on for a minute or so.

If you do end up needing a code then you'll have to approach a dealer. They can get the code using the radio serial number which begins SKZ and can either be obtained by you from the radio chassis, with VAG-COM or by asking the dealer to read it with VAS.

They are allowed to make a charge for it so be prepared.

I had exactly the same issue when I had my BT handsfree fitted.

I tried leaving it switched on but it wouldn't code itself.

Popped down to the dealer I got it from and they sorted it out within half an hour so all good.