Turbo help please

I recently bought from auction a 51 Octavia Elegance Turbo 150 bhp I believe.Soon realised it had a blown turbo on the way home,no boost,exhaust full of oil etc.So I fitted a second hand one from ebay which is supposed to be good but still no boost.Sucks like hell from the intake pipe but blows nothing at all out,this one is not smoking and had little play in the shaft.Do I need yet another turbo?Any ideas appreciated.:(

I have no idea why the first turbo blew,its an ex plod car with 72000 on it

Answered your own question, there...

Looks like I need to do some more investigating,oil feeds etc.The reason I think there is no boost is there is no pressure at all in the inlet pipes at any kind of rpm.The joys of buying at auction thankfully it was only £1275,I take it babs that all ex plod skodas blow up?

The boost pipes are collapsing when the engine is revved,I assumed they would expand.The turbo I bought was s/hand but suppossed to be ok.Might have to get another and check all oil lines etc before I fit it,I forgot to flush out the intercooler which was half full of oil which could well have knacked the new one.Can the n75 be replaced with a manual boost control?

don't replace the n75 with a manual device, just get it fixed properly. Sounds like you need an hour with a good mechanic to me not just a monkey that replaces parts at random.

make sure the turbo spindle spins freely, there is minimal free-play in the spindle, the oil supply to the bearing housing is good, and clean out the intercooler and pipework.

If the boost hose(s) is collapsing when you open the throttle, there is either a restriction in the system (blocked intercooler, turbo not spinning freely) or the hose has gone soft and getting sucked in when the throttle is opened quickly.

If the hose collapses far enough to restrict airflow, the turbo will not be able to make enough boost to expand it again, so you have a viscious circle - the engine is creating vaccuum which collapses the pipe and continues to do so until the throttle is closed off again.

Thanks for your help guys,its safe to say ive destroyed the replacement turbo with my not very knowledgeable mechanical skills,it has as much play in the shaft as the one I took out,its obviously been starved of oil,will change the oil feed pipes for turbo no 3.Think I will end up keeping the car as a toy for a while,as it looks great in dark green with the window tints.