Skoda 105S 1977

Hyper

• 2 months later...

Yeah, same colour, same year, but my is 105S, i can't open rear windows, if you want to open it you have to pay and buy 105L and its not standart, its lux then :D :D

p.s. it's beautiful, i want those bumpers :D:D:D i have some rust on it

Yeah, same colour, same year, but my is 105S, i can't open rear windows, if you want to open it you have to pay and buy 105L and its not standart, :D :D

The 1977 105s i had , had opening rear windows

Edited by DGW
Quote fixed.

Yeah' date=' same colour, same year, but my is 105S, i can't open rear windows, if you want to open it you have to pay and buy 105L and its not standart, :D :D

The 1977 105s i had , had opening rear windows[/quote']

Possibly a different specification for RHD cars or for export to the WEST generally.

After all Rear Engine Skodas were very rare in DDR, as the powers that be wanted EXTERNAL exports rather than internal, so DDR residents had to "make do" with Trabants or if they were "well connected" a Wartburg. They make up for it now though, as Skoda seem to sell very well in former DDR.

Nice car Hyper, particularly the interior.

The most common re-engines in the UK are the FIAT 1600 twin cam (similar to Lada or Polonez 124 and 125 based cars, but with a different head) or the Alfa Romeo Alfasud boxermotors.

You could do what Skoda themselves did with some of the competition cars, and run a transverse silencer to get the exhaust tailpipe in the right place if your donor engine has the exhaust manifold on the "wrong" side for a standard look.

Nice car Hyper, particularly the interior.

The most common re-engines in the UK are the FIAT 1600 twin cam (similar to Lada or Polonez 124 and 125 based cars, but with a different head) or the Alfa Romeo Alfasud boxermotors.

You could do what Skoda themselves did with some of the competition cars, and run a transverse silencer to get the exhaust tailpipe in the right place if your donor engine has the exhaust manifold on the "wrong" side for a standard look.

Ken & Hyper

I'm almost certain that Steve (Skudupnorth) still has a Skoda motor in his, just a different exhaust. I'm sure I've seen a full spec' for his car on another forum or possibly in SOCGB magazine.

IIRC there's a guy posts on here that's got (or had) an Alfa motor, but (tiredness is creeping in here) I think it was chewing up the gearboxes & spitting them out again.

cheers .. Darren

The only original part on this 120L is the body ! Everything under the skin is 136 Rapid.....engine,5 speed gearbox,wide track front and rear suspension,brakes,dash (i kept the original clocks though.Mods include spax springs and shocks,Grp-B exhaust (Not a replica,but built by the actual exhaust builder from the 130LR days) 195x55x13" tyres and of course Mini-lites.