Alarm problem

Hi folks

Ive been having a problem with my Superb 1.9tdi 130 Comfort. Its an 06 plate but is still in warranty and the alarm keeps going off randomly. It doesnt seem to matter whether the car is locked or unlocked it will still go off and on vag-com it suggests its a different sensor each time:confused:

The dealer has been very good in trying to fix it, they have changed the central convenience module and the alarm module as well as carrying out various wiring tests in liasson with Skoda Technical.

It seems the Skoda Mechanic and Skoda Technical are running out of options so on the off chance I wondered if any of you can help.

Skoda Customer services have suggested taking it to another dealer, which I understand may help but seems a bit of a long shot.

Any help greatfully received:thumbup:

When you say different sensor, do you mean completely different sensors from different sources - movement - voltage drop - door - bonnet - boot etc?

No rocket science response from me I'm afraid, so your response to that question won't make any difference!

- just the obvious suggestions I'm sure have already been thought of:

Any constant factors when the alarm goes off - high wind, with air vents open - parked close to busy road with vibrations from high speed HGVs or loud motorbikes passing by etc.

Did it actually false alarm when at the dealers?

Presumably you don't have either water ingress or a solar sunroof?

Finally, a friend's car some years ago kept falsing on the interior sensors, despite replacement of sensors and main alarm unit - turned out he had a stowaway giant moth that would come out of hiding under the front seats and fly around setting the alarm off. Led to a few jokes him having mothballs :rofl:

It suggests as you describe different sensors such as bonnett, boot, interior, etc each time.

The dealers have experienced it going off and as such it was in a different environment so passing traffic, etc doesnt seem to be an issue.

Each time they think they have cured it, it may even behave for a few hours/days then just when they are about to hand it back it goes off and they have to start all over again.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: They seem to have cured the problem, in fact it was three seperate problems, two causing a voltage drop and the final piece of the jigsaw was the boot switch.

Has been fine for a week now so fingers crossed it'll be ok now.

• 1 month later...

I had this problem with my 04 Superb and it was water in front passenger footwell. The alarm would go off at random for no reason.

I dried out the carpets and cleaned the under battery tray drains.

No problems since.

This is clearly not what happened in your case as you report multiple sensors triggering the alarm, but I have stumbled across the following issue with the boot lid. Unlike most cars, using the remote fob to open the boot does not cause the lid to spring open; it merely unlatches the boot and the lid rises no more than half an inch, which is almost imperceptible - especially if the fob was pressed accidentally. Then when the alarm re-sets it finds the boot open, and goes off.

I had this problem with my 04 Superb and it was water in front passenger footwell. The alarm would go off at random for no reason.

I dried out the carpets and cleaned the under battery tray drains.

No problems since.

Yay water ingress!

Never come accross it causing alarm problems though...? :confused: