radiator fan

edwardob

not sure what you mean?everything on climatronic seems to work as normal....but cooling....the vag com shows compressor ok........pressure is 5.4 bar[assume it's gas..don't know what presure should be?]............fan not on...cooling is better when driving at speed......so i suspect fan....but how do you check?

Can you move the fans by hand if you try, one of mine had siezed and you could not freely spin it.

Can you hear/feel the compressor kick in? see if the revs dip at idle when its switched on somtimes you can hear the engine note change due to the load.

Oh and both fans should spin with the ac on.

• 3 weeks later...

here's read out today.....compressor load goes down with increased revs

12:37:54

0.0 Compressor Shut-Off Code

800 /min Engine Speed

01:06 Standing Time

0.825 A Compressor Current (actual)

2.3 Nm Compressor Load

6.6 bar Coolant Pressure

9.6 % Radiator Fan Activation (actual)

0.0 % Radiator Fan Activation (spec.)

OFF Engine Speed (increase)

25.5°C Fresh Air Intake Temperature

28.0°C Evaporator Temperature

thanks.......but the truth is painful.......

anyone out there with climatronic that would do a readout on their vag com for me

just curious as to what the readouts shoud be like...

espeicially compressor load.....coolant pressure

radiator fan activation

please on near the end of searching

so are my readouts normal on vag com..........??

anyone know how to check slow fan speed on 2005 octavia?

i can get the high speed working by removing sensor on bottom of radiator...but no idea how to test slow fan speed..

[the older models apparently had three wire in same place and you could just bridge them out..but not on new octavia.only 2 wires which turn on high speed once removed]

thanks....thats helpful........i'm learning something at least.....voltage 12v i presume???...vag com i hope can reveal that

i'm interested in fans also because i believe if they don't work ...condensor does'nt cool and damage can happen to compressor[so i've read elsewhere]

so maybe the initial damage caused by faulty fans....so no point in replacing compressor if fans are faulty

i just can't figure out to test fan slow speed

The supply voltage is fine based on the values you posted, again - your problem is the compressor itself or its clutch - since both come as one part replacing the compressor appears to be a very clear shot here.

Start to believe and stop dreaming of a cheap fix... ;)

i IMAGINE[DREAMING AGAIN] everyone on this forum..or any other forum is looking for CHEAP DIAGNOSTIC OR CHEAP FIX.....rather than going to local garage everytime their car throws a cel or any funny noises.. AND BY THE WAY

my CHEAPO EBAY CABLE WOULD HAVE given me same info as my NOT SO CHEAP ORIGINAL VAG COM.!!

IF you looking at thread i'm also trying to figure out what some of the readings are..and there meaning

i BELIEVE this would be helpful for me now and the future...AND FOR ANYONE ON THIS FORUM......SINCE YOU SAY IT'S A COMMON FAULT........SO that everyone one can benefit who reads now and in the future can self help...[a bit CHEAP]

IT'S REASONABLE [and cheap] for to ask about fan and testing it's slow speed...because if it's faulty a new compressor could fail again!

the problem is I DON'T KNOW HOW TO TEST IT!!!

COMPRESSORS ARE AVAILABLE ON EBAY FOR ANYONE LOOKING TO SAVE MONEY[CHEAP]

Have you purchased a factory repair manual and looked for the procedures there?

Seems that you feel the advice given is not good advice and not the advice you want to hear. That's fine.

Perhaps you also noticed others are not offering any better advice.

Seems to me, you need to look elsewhere for the help we did not provide to your satisfaction.

Hope you get it all sorted.

nowhere here does it mention how to test fan..which is what i'm asking!!!????

nowhere does it mention here what my readings mean!!!???

although "bornlucky" indicated what the pressure i have means..thanks

answer to the above is what's being asked.......

if you don't know answers....say i don't know...simple OR DON'T ANSWER

saying get a new compressor does not answer above question!

if i had any information on this common fault I WOULD GIVE IT OUT VERY CLEARLY AND OUTLINE IN DETAIL.

SINCE IT'S NOT COMING FROM PEOPLE WHO KNOW ....SO BE IT!

LOOKS LIKE WE ALL HAVE TO BUY FACTORY REPAIR MANUAL

OTHERS HAVE HELPED.....BUT THE FAN TEST APPLIES TO OLDER MODELS THAN MINE.....SO I ASKED THE QUESTION..ISN'NT THAT WHAT THE FORUM IS FOR?

I STILL WANT TO KNOW HOW TO TEST MY FANS...SO I'LL GO TO ANOTHER THREAD.

REMEMBER THE VISION

"This site was created to become a resource of information for Skoda owners, and a community of people that share information and assist each other.

We expect all users to share that vision."