Problem with Key Remote/Transponder

Hi everyone,

New to the site and could due with some help and advice.

Own a Fabia VRS but started to have problems with the key remote (3 button flip key) starting last week, it wouldn't unlock/lock the doors by remote unless you are litterally standing next to the god damn door. I just thought it needed a new battery, so replaced it. No good though, still acting up. I've tried re-synchronising the key etc. like it says in the manual, but still nothing. Tried programing the key by using the spare key in the ignition while locking the doors manually etc. like it says on some of the threads. Still no good. You can still unlock the doors manually and there's no problem starting the car, its just a pain in the backside having to point the remote at the window everytime just to make sure the car locks.

Anyone else had similar problems?

I've got a feelin' its a another appointment at the local dealer :grumpy:

Oh yeah, the spare key works absolutely fine.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Faulty keyfob by the sounds of it.

The fob splits into two parts, the bottom part with the key blade and immobiliser transponder and the top part with the central locking transmitter and buttons. I think you are going to need a new top part (plenty on ebay) which can easily be re-coded to your vehicle but make sure you buy the correct frequency of fob.

Thanks for that Td-eye.

Where do you find what frequency the key fob is - is it in the manual or actually on the key fob itself?

Can it be re-coded/re-programmed using the spare key as its only the 3 button transmitter (top part) being replaced (like for like) and not the immobiliser transmitter and key blade?

mine done that other month what a pain it is you dont know how much you aprechiate central locking untill you dont have it, any way back to topic mine done this i took it to skoda and they changed the transponder under the dash in the drivers footwell if am not mistaken and all seems to be working well.