clutch /warranty/superb

car still under warranty, we bought aprox 9 moths old,now has 21000 miles, recently took in for noise, apparently the flywheel faulty, covered by warranty , but they said the clutch was worn and showed signs of overheatingand want £200 (cost of clutch ) to do it at same time, should we have to pay this as damage to clutch could have been by previous owner

The clutch is a wearing part and can be subject to user abuse. If you end up with a new flywheel and clutch for £200 you will have done very well - this is about a £700 job normally.

Let's hope they fit it all properly without messing anything else up. Unfortunately it's not a straightforward job on these cars.

rotodiesel.

car still under warranty, we bought aprox 9 moths old,now has 21000 miles, recently took in for noise, apparently the flywheel faulty, covered by warranty , but they said the clutch was worn and showed signs of overheatingand want £200 (cost of clutch ) to do it at same time, should we have to pay this as damage to clutch could have been by previous owner

I had to pay the £200 for the clutch on mine when I had the flywheel done. Tried to fight it quite hard involving SUK, but got nowhere.

I had to pay the £200 for the clutch on mine when I had the flywheel done. Tried to fight it quite hard involving SUK, but got nowhere.

The warranties on new cars these days are done tighter than Cate Blanchett's corset.

I agree with KenONeill, I'd settle for an ex-gratia payment. Perhaps worth kicking up a stink with the dealer - but if it gets as far as SUK you may as well just take what the dealer offers.