DM Keith Hull (formerly Royce Roberts Skoda)

DM Keith Hull (formerly Royce Roberts Skoda)

Beverley High Road

Hull

East Yorkshire

HU6 7AD

01482 802000

Services: New, Used, Repair

• 2 months later...

Used Royce Toberts today for a 20k service as they had a price promotion running, was initially a bit dubious about this dealer after the way i was treated when it was Barkers, but what a change. The service was fantastic. Dealt with Tom Ellis the aftersales manager who was very polite and returned all my e mails promptly. Car was ready for the time stated and cleaned inside and out. Highly reccomended, a huge improvement from Barkers.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just had the my Octavia vRS TFSi serviced by Royce Roberts, really good customer service, friendly and professional.

It was the car's second service, including a brake fluid change, I supplied my own oil and the bill was £188. I dealt with Dave on the service desk who was very helpful, he also carried out the campaign 24k5 ecu update. The car was washed ready for my collection, will definately be using them again.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Sales seems poor, I have rung them and asked for someone to get back to me as no one was available.

No one did, so I emailed to see if that was a better way, sadly not. Never been called back, they maybe don't want to sell cars?

Sales seems poor, I have rung them and asked for someone to get back to me as no one was available.

No one did, so I emailed to see if that was a better way, sadly not. Never been called back, they maybe don't want to sell cars?

Glad it's not just me then... twice now I have been in there to enquire and twice now heard nothing back.. next time I wont even bother.

Edited by Blade404
So my post makes sense again...

• 3 months later...

I'm sorry to hear these negative comments about the sales team. Being part of it, im shock and surprised to hear you haven't had any comeback from us.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you feel the need to air your problems. We are striving to deliver a top quality service, but it would appear that we have let ourselves down.

Ted

• 2 months later...

Glad it's not just me then... twice now I have been in there to enquire and twice now heard nothing back.. next time I wont even bother.

I was in touch in October and they promised a return call at 9am; someone rang me back within 2 hours the same day. I didn't end up visiting them in the end, but was greatly encouraged by their approach - friendly and prompt.

• 4 months later...

Just ordered a new Octavia VRS from Royce Roberts.

Went in on a very busy bank holiday and they still found time for us, valued our trade in cars sensible. Talked through the options well.

We had alreay tried a VRS at another dealer, however Royce gave us the keys to his own Superb so we could try the 170 CR and DSG combination!

Gone for lots of options so it will be a while for delivery.

If anyone from Royce Roberts on reading this keep up the good work. By the way i am in no way connected with them and if they mess anything up i will also tell you that!

• 4 months later...

Just recently collected a new Fabia from Royce Roberts which we ordered back in June and can honestly say the process has been completely hassle free. First rate dealership, impressed with both sales and service from our experience so far :thumbup: Hope this approach to customer service continues come service time.

TP

• 4 weeks later...

We bought a Yeti from Royce Roberts in July.

We'd visited several dealers while trying to compile a shortlist of vehicles and to be fair to them, they were streets above any of the other dealers we visited. The help we got from them was excellent, the advice second to none and so polite too.

Sadly, the minute we got the Yeti, all that changed. We'd been promised mats and mud flaps ... the mats were there, but no mud flaps. Now, three months down the line, despite 'phone calls and emails, it's like we don't exist any longer.

The do offer a free car wash, which, because they're next to Tesco, is quite handy for getting the car washed while we're doing the shopping, but I'm rapidly going off their "after sales" service.

• 8 months later...

Tried buying a car from them earlier in the year, and I REALLY tried, but alas they were not interested.

Made two seperate appointments specifically to test drive a car. both times I turned up no one was available for at least an hour, even though I booked specific times.

The second time I decided to sit it out, and wait for the sales guys to 'free up'. finally spoke to someone who wasnt sure why I was there and was surprised to hear I wanted a test drive.

He tried to help and get something arranged but the car had not been prep'd, so after 3 hours at the dealers I went away really peeved. Shame really cos I really wanted the car and had already arranged the cash, and all they had to do was let me drive it and I'd have bought. Probably the easiest sale they would have.

Anyway decided that if that was the service before I'd bought, lord only knows what aftersales would be!

Anyway, now the proud owner of a new vRS. Purchased elsewhere and travel to Bradford for servicing. Yes it was that bad.

• 2 months later...

An update on Royce Roberts.

I am prepared to say the lack of mudflaps on our Yeti was due to a misunderstanding (because I still don't have them!)

Anyway, our Yeti went in for an annual service and as part of the service (free as part of the deal we did when we bought the car), I asked them to have a look at some stone chips on the rear doors as well as "white worm" on the badges.

The badges were replaced under warranty, no questions asked there, however "it'll cost you £350 to have those rear doors resprayed" was the reply to the stone chips problem! "No it won't because all new Yetis have stone guards fitted and at a year old, it shouldn't look like that, not with the low mileage we've done - and from reading Briskoda.net I see others have had this done under warranty!"

The service manger was reluctant to do anything about it, but after we insisted, he took photographs and a couple of weeks later we received word from Skoda UK to go ahead with the repair.

It's just been in for a respray with my courtesy car being a Ford Ka (or Kattle truck - not a pleasant experience for someone who is six foot tall). Then we get the 'phone call, "Sorry, but the dealer (Royce Roberts) have supplied the wrong door trims and the stone foils they sent were damaged so we'll have to order new ones."

Now waiting on the parts arriving ...

Another update.

I got a 'phone call three days after the respray from R.R. to say they had found someone who was prepared to fit the foils and how quick could I come in? I was at the dealer half an hour later and they have now fitted the foils and the door trims.

Everything is looking OK although in the intervening three days, I think I picked up a small stone chip - not through the paintwork though.

It just seems to be a lot of pratting about for a simple job - but then I don't do this for a living and it's obviously not as easy as it sounds!

The conclusion - R.R. are OK as a dealer, but I've had to put pressure on them to get obvious work done.

• 3 months later...

I have got 2 cars from RR.

1st I got a 57 plate Octavia, excellent service which encouraged me to buy a 61plate Superb SE+ this September.

They even asked me which MDI cable I wanted which I was supprised about after reading other Posts.

They have done everything I asked and I felt I had got an excellent deal.

I drive to Poland twice a year and I always book the car in for a check before I go and its always been on the house, along with a wash and vac.

Great Staff

Great dealership highly recommended!!!

• 4 weeks later...

drove down from scotland to pick my Fabia Vrs up from them in july as there was none up here with the reqiured spec......service was great, staff were freindly and would happily go back....if it wasnt for the 400mile round trip:)

• 4 weeks later...

I've been in twice to Royce Roberts in the last year both times looking at a new Octavia Vrs. The first time all the salesman seemed to be interested in selling me was a used example when I was after a new one. Needless to say I walked away.

My second trip there was just before the new year. I initially spoke to the owner of the dealership who was very helpful and passed me onto a salesman. I had gone to the dealership with the intention of putting down a deposit and ordering the car there and then but after dealing with the salesman it became clear that he couldn't be bothered to sell me the car and put in no effort at all, no test drive offered, incredibly unprofessional in the manner that I was treated, no effort what so ever in actually selling the car. Needless to say I left feeling rather annoyed.

Thankfully I wasn't put off and made the trip to Hayselden in Doncaster the next day and bought the car I wanted after receiving first class service. Needless to say when it comes to servicing my new car I will be driving straight past Royce Roberts to Doncaster.

• 3 weeks later...

Royce Roberts Skoda

Beverley High Road

Hull

East Yorkshire

HU6 7AD

01482 802000

[Repair

Called with a problem on a Sunday. Service Dept called back (as promised) on Monday. Took car in to Royce Roberts this morning (Tuesday) to have a damanged wiring loom replaced.

The attention, explanation of what needed doing, and time taken to carry the job out, meant I was back to normal by lunch time.

Well done and thank you Royce Roberts

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Took our Fabia II into Roberts earlier this year with a paint warranty issue. We were asked to take it to the local VAG approved body shop (The Paint & Body Shop), as they don't offer this type service. This I felt was a little odd but went along with it and dually made my way over to see them later that week. However the body shop sent us straight back to Roberts, as they couldn't approve warranty work it had to come from the dealer, so back to Roberts.

Eventually after a third vist to the dealer photo's were taken and sent to SUK, who as suspected agreed that there was indeed a fault with the paint finish and approved the work to be done. Back to Roberts for the fourth time to drop the car off and pick up one of their cars. Expected the work to take a couple of days as a panel needed to be completely resprayed, however the following afternoon we were asked to go collect our car.

Quite disappointed with the quality of the work carried out to be honest, considering the approvals this body shop are supposed to hold but also disappointed with Roberts for obviously not checking it themselves before returning it to us. Particularly as I understand their Service Manager is from a body shop background.

Should really have gone straight back with it but we felt that they would probably only make things worse, therefore left it and as it turned out we sold the car a few months later anyway.

Edited by The Plumber

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi

Just a quick hello. I am the sales manager at DM Keith Skoda Hull and have joined to see if I can help any local Skoda lovers in any way.

Please feel free to ask any questions about our move into Hull or any general questions that a dealer may be able to answer.

Darren

• Like 2