More radio woes

I’ve just got a 2007 Octy II with a Stream MP3 radio. It has been commented on in numerous posts that the reception is **** bad. I agree, forget MW and LW.... no chance, it sounds like something through a tin of baked beans at best, FM is ok sometimes but fluctuates to such an extent that you just want to give up on it.

I won’t give in to upgrading just yet and have read many of the posts regarding testing and what could be wrong.

Using the menu button I’m generally getting the following readings, can anyone explain in layman terms what each means and the readings I’m getting [mono, stereo & weak I can work out !] so I can go back to the dealer well prepared as still under warranty.

FM

ANT off

MP 0

NK 0

RDS 1

Q Mono (occasionally goes into stereo)

MW & LW

Q Weak

AF is set to ON and Seek to DX

Thanks in advance for help

Got the font wrong... not shouting really

Edited by Groundsman

I had a similar problem. ANT off might be the key. The aerial has an amplifier built in, which relies on a feed though the coax cable. It's most likely the aerial needs replacing. On mine Octy the dealer changed the coax, then the HU and finally the aerial.

Press & hold the MENU button for 10 seconds for the display. Make sure you have ANT on & stereo. The volume scale in the lower centre becomes the signal strength indicator. You can repeat this for AM, the signal should be GOOD

smstext, Is that reading for FM or AM? AM on my stream radio is not very good. Do you ever get Q=stereo on FM?

The reason the dealer changed the coax cable on my first was that there had been some interference problems with the cable on Octy 2's. If you car is still under warranty I would see your dealer.

Dealer just replaced my amplified antenna base as it was defective.

Now good reception - upto 18-20 stations are found in auto station list.

Diagnostcs check of aerial cable and base unit is available on service dept diagnostics unit AFAIK