North Weald driving activity day

youngsyp

We have already run two activity days at North Weald, one of them very recently, and we paid £36 each.

As the current rate for an activity day there is £37 for 20 people, this equals £740 for the day.

You are asking for £63.33p each for only fifteen people, this equals £949.95p for the day.

Am I missing something?????????????????????????????

Edited by Beretta

I think it's double the price as they have half the amount of people? I can't remember how many we had, but if it's a fixed price for the day, then it needs splitting down between all the cars. Did we have 30 cars? I can't remember to be honest

Am I missing something?????????????????????????????
Certainly not maths skills !! :rolleyes:

As has been mentioned above, there is a fixed price for the day. That is £800 for the venue hire and £150 for each instructor. So, £950 in total !

Again as mentioned above, there are also only 15 cars attending.

And, it would seem that clubs seem to get some sort of discount over individuals who book the days as, club days and Car Limits organised days are cheaper. As you mentioned, around £37 a car !

Oh, and thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt, with regards to ripping people off ! :thumbup:

Paul

Paul,

I think there are crossed wires here, for if its just a North Weald activity day, then the 20 people paying £37 each is all that is payable= £740

Whilst I see that you only have fifteen going, then to split the £740 between them should only mean each paying £49.33p each, so I cannot see where they have calculated the extra fees of £63.33 they are charging you.

Also on each of the days we have had, it has only ever been £36 for the first one in 2006 and £36 for this years one, no extra charges have ever been levied for the instructors, be it Andy or anyone else, and we have only ever had the twenty (20) as required, indeed this year I think we had under twenty.

I only live three miles from the airfield, so not too much noise please....LOL

Paul,

I think there are crossed wires here, for if its just a North Weald activity day, then the 20 people paying £37 each is all that is payable= £740

Whilst I see that you only have fifteen going, then to split the £740 between them should only mean each paying £49.33p each, so I cannot see where they have calculated the extra fees of £63.33 they are charging you.

Also on each of the days we have had, it has only ever been £36 for the first one in 2006 and £36 for this years one, no extra charges have ever been levied for the instructors, be it Andy or anyone else, and we have only ever had the twenty (20) as required, indeed this year I think we had under twenty.

I only live three miles from the airfield, so not too much noise please....LOL

We'll try and keep it down.... Although, they'll be a few 3" I/D exhausts there, with minimal silencing. Sorry !:rice: :)

Now this is a bit surreal but, I've posted one of these messages up on an Elise owners club board.

It just so happens that one of the owners of Car Limits, is a member, has seem my post on there and is now refunding us £60, to take the venue fee to the 'old' £740. Apparently they put the prices up as, the venue costs were increasing Now the credit crunch has hit, they've dropped the price back down ?!

All well and good however, as we have an MSA registered instructor, the extra £150 goes directly to them for the day. I'm still perplexed how this cost is 'overlooked' for other days that have been organised but....

So, the price has dropped to £59.33 each.

I've also filled one more of the paces so, I'll update the main post to reflect this !

Thanks

Paul

They run 4 car days sometimes - that's £190 each - which seems like good value if you get 2 hours of Andy's time. The other instructors are nice guys, but I'm not sure they have quite the same appeal.

They run 4 car days sometimes - that's £190 each - which seems like good value if you get 2 hours of Andy's time. The other instructors are nice guys, but I'm not sure they have quite the same appeal.
We've requested Andrew Walsh for our event !

Apparently 'Simon' is also supposed to be good to...

Paul