1.9 TDi 110 L&K Hunting

My L&K estate suddenely last Thursday morning started idling quite strangling. It sounded like it was dropping a cylinder !. I was better when warmed up but still not great with a great deal of heasitation when appliying power and great amounts of smoke issuing from the rear. I've had it to the dealers twice and the first time they replaced the temp sensor and the second time they just looked and although they agreed it wasn't running right they couldn't find anything wrong.

Any suggestions ( Because my wife won't let me use her Fabia VRs ):confused::confused:

No fault codes ??? Just lots of confused mechanics

Took it on my 1½ hr journey to work and it did get better and seemed to handle the motorway criuse OK but still was a little jerky when I got back into the town at the other end,

Does anyone know if it normal to get a bit of air in the fuel line for this engine

In the supply line between the filter and the pump yes, thats normal.

You wont really get a fault code for injector problems, only if its No3 and the needle lift sensor is faulty. Still my view that its injector related.

Worth checking MBV for air mass and boost firgures as well as EGR operation.

Can you look at the IQ for each cylinder and see if one is drastically different? I haven't done this but I recall there is a measuring block indicating find adjustment between cylinders to keep the engine balanced. If the adjustment is massive, it may indicate which cylinder is the issue, presuming it's that.

Greg.

My L&K estate suddenely last Thursday morning started idling quite strangling. It sounded like it was dropping a cylinder !. I was better when warmed up but still not great with a great deal of heasitation when appliying power and great amounts of smoke issuing from the rear. I've had it to the dealers twice and the first time they replaced the temp sensor and the second time they just looked and although they agreed it wasn't running right they couldn't find anything wrong.

Any suggestions ( Because my wife won't let me use her Fabia VRs ):confused::confused:

I had a quick look at the MAF housing and air filter on Wed night but could see anything startly wrong. But on Thursday morning the car appeared to run smoth again......BUT with no noticable turbo accelaration. It got to the speed it just took it's bloody time.

I looked at it today and I noticed that I had forgotten to reconnect the MAF electrical lead. With the car running as soon as you reconnect this lead it starts it's it old tricks of running like a bag of spanners.Take it off again and it's smooth again. So I'm going to have a crack at giving the MAF a clean over the weekend.

I clean them on a service, but with what yours is doing, get a NEW one! You can buy the elements on ebay from £24, pattern from £45-£55 (sometimes genuine, euro car parts etc) and new I think around £65 genuine which will also be the latest revision, they did update most of them and the later ones are better.

Greg.

• 2 weeks later...

I replace the MAF last weekend and hey presto !! A perfectly running car again..............

But the gate did swing back on the drive this morning and completely take out my wing mirror :(:(:(:(:( So the karma balance is restored