Long code helper

InexEng

Ok I had an 06 Octy II elegance 2.0TDi and I could see lots using the long code helper.

Today on my new 08 Octy II VRS 2.0 CRTDi when I tried to use the long code helper in module 9 central electrics I got this message (see attach)

Do I need a new XPL file ? for the new engine ?

Thanks

Andy

23018.attach

No it is the last release 701.4

Im worried that if I update my e-bay lead may stop working :thumbdwn:

I only need the 09-3C8-937-049-30byte.xpl file

I think

Edited by inexeng
typo

I only need the 09-3C8-937-049-30byte.xpl file

Dare I say that it's the funding of the people buying proper cables that ensures that the new files are written and research is carried out.

I was ebay conned

the advert said "Genuine VAGCOM software and cable"

the seller has long disapeared

I read this to be both, but oh no only the software was genuine

Doh you live and learn :o

To be precise, you are messing with an '08 using software developed in early '07 and as VRStu has pointed out, your software is an illegal copy. No. The 701 is not going to work with the '08 car.

FWIW and to answer the original question the current data version 20080625 shipped with Release 805.0 doesn't behave different. But (as usual) we have a fix available which will of course be part of the next data version/update, if you do need that fix right away feel free to contact me directly via email (This offer only applies to real customers of course. :P).

I'm not going to pick on you any further, you obviously understood your mistake (which you may or may not have done intentionally) so now get the real thing. This would not just give you a warm fuzzy feeling that you did the right thing, but it it would also help supporting good software and provide more incentives to make VCDS an even better and more up-to-date program. :thumbup:

I may have to

The software update F**ked my working fleabay copy vagcom lead

Now it won't work with any software version :mad:

I heard that this happen to a lot of fleabay copy cables, they stop working after a time anyway. :rolleyes:

All software now removed from my laptop :o

Its the old saying "BUY CHEAP but BUT BUY TWICE"

I am no way religious but to quote the big book

"LET HIM WHO IS WITHOUT SIN - CAST THE FIRST STONE"

It's a real shame you wasted your money mate.

I wonder if Ross-Tech would be so kind as to consider some sort of trade in so as to remove a non genuine cable from circulation.

I wonder if Ross-Tech would be so kind as to consider some sort of trade in so as to remove a non genuine cable from circulation.

Yes, we did consider it and some of our distribs actually did this in context with following up on the original sellers (i.e. filing a lawsuit). However there is a philosophical question on this whole thing. When you buy something way below market price from a questionable source you already agree on buying a probably pirated product, it happens very rarely that somebody paid "full price" for such a copy and got tricked, most if not all people do know exactly what they buy. Therefor, what does offering a discount give us? A small discount like 20-40 USD may not be a big enough incentive for people to change and of course if the discount is higher we end up supporting the industry behind then copies because they make and sell the stuff at a lower price than we give a discount and people end up buying a copy just to get the discount.

As said this is a philosophical question and one can look at it from many different angles, therefor I don't think there is a yes/no answer to it...