The mongrel gets Water Methanol injection fitted!

Well - after a "passed with flying colours" leak test just now - I gave it some stick on the A road that runs not far from my house. It feels faster, although very difficult to tell. Only running on water, so the effect with methanol mixed in should be better. Comes in nicely at just under half a bar, which is perfect as all cruising is usually under half a bar, when water injection is not necessary. :)

The car still chucked out some smoke, but I have to admit it was more of a "nice plumes" rather than "oh, here comes the 7:59 steam train from Exeter" :)

Testing will continue as I learn to use this kit better.

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered the VW TDI kit from devil's own - think it should do good things in the hot climate of Bahrain.:rolleyes:

Every time I think I may have hit the bottom of the slippery slope, Jason shows it goes further down....:rofl:

Just ordered the VW TDI kit from devil's own - think it should do good things in the hot climate of Bahrain.:rolleyes:

Every time I think I may have hit the bottom of the slippery slope, Jason shows it goes further down....:rofl:

:D I just spotted the length of your signature, good work.

How much did you pay for the Devil's own kit? :)

I think they work out a bit cheaper, but with the quality feel of the pump in the snow kit, I feel the bit extra was worth it. :)

No comments on my install of the kit I got from you then? :P

:D I just spotted the length of your signature, good work.

Trouble is, if I tried this, I would break the sig rules of this forum. I struggle to get it all on one side of A4 paper for carshows. :o

I think they work out a bit cheaper, but with the quality feel of the pump in the snow kit, I feel the bit extra was worth it. :)

No comments on my install of the kit I got from you then? :P

Dedicated is the word i'm looking for i think.

Luke and myself have fitted a few now, running from a tank in the boot, light at the end of the tunnel is sometimes the expression that springs to mind.

We're getting in some methanol within the next week and will be selling out quantities of neat methanol and 49/51 mixes :)

We're getting in some methanol within the next week and will be selling out quantities of neat methanol and 49/51 mixes :)

The way mine's been drinking water, I think a 200L barrel is the most economical way of me getting some, but think I might see sense and just get a couple of 25l pots. :)

$330 + $41 airpost to Bahrain (190 quid). Progressive controller, 2 nozzles and complete fittings. Bahrain has a Free Trade Agreement with the US, so no import tax.

And SWMBO doesn't know yet!!:rofl: