new wing mirror needed

the other week i came out to the car in the morning to find a scratch down the side and wing mirror glass smashed and half the casing on the floor :mad:, some ******* must have reversed along side !!! :finger:

still no idea who responsible, as faint trace of white doesn't match any cars round here. :confused:

anyhow, i've just about got over it now, although can't to afford the fix the scratch anytime soon, i do need to sort the wing mirror and looking at price of replacement Skoda one, i was thinking i may as well make this my first mod.

what do people reckon to M3 style mirrors, either crome or black, on Black vRS?

thanks,

Paul

i have found on eBay either a silver Octy or a black Golf Mk4

with the Golf mirror being much cheaper as no one is bidding, and the right colour my question is:

does the wiring have to match my current set-up? i have electric heated mirror but the one on eBay is just electric, with-out the heating element.

does anyone know if that will definitely fit and work, or the best place to find that information?

any help would be most appreciated.

• 2 months later...

ok guys,

need your help, anyone actually know for sure

i finally got round to getting the Mk.4 Golf mirror off eBay and tried to fit it last week, couldn't get it on, screws and holes didn't match up, the mirror seems to be a different shape.

my car's been in for a service as well so i've asked the experts to fit but they couldn't get it fitted either.

i've contacted my seller to make sure it's definitley a Mk.4 Golf mirror i've been sent but assuming it is, is there anyway to fit it using an adaptor??

or is it a myth that Mk.4 Golf mirror will fit the Octavia vRS?

thanks,

Paul

A mk4 golf mirror will fit straight on, it sounds like you have one off a different generation.

If the external shell is the same as the octy one, it should be possible to transfer that from the golf mounting to the octavia mounting.

the mounting to the body will be different form the golf to octy, but the actual glass and casing will be the same, the only difference with the glass is that the heating contacts are on the other side so the wiring there for the octy wont fit, and will need to be elongated to get your heated mirrors working,

i used to have chrome mirrors on my olf octy brought from in-pro of ebay mk4 golf fitment, or you can get milotec items that stick on the mirror casing so will cover up that scratch, there about 40quid and in carbon or chrome