Went sideways!

Done a quick search and it well could be rear bushes, need to get this sorted car is not handling at all well, and im really not enjoying driving it at the moment. :mad: What sort of cost are they to replace?

Hi!

The SuperPro rear bushes are split i 2 halves - probably for easier fitting. Are they still where they should be, or have they maybe gone out of their place - as Powerflex split bushes use(d) to do?

I am VERY interested in the answer, as I am about to fit new SuperPro bushes around my car.

Olit

• 2 weeks later...

I know somebody has already mentioned this, but I had an issue with my rear nearside brake calliper.

Without removing the wheel and just looking at the brake, it all looked fine. But when I went to replace the pads, I realised what the problem was!

The brake pad material had broken off its backing plate and had jammed onto the disk, which by the looks of things had started a small brake pad fire at some point (as the calliper paint was bubbled and burnt looking compared to the other side). I always noticed a horrid grinding noise, and It always sounded like the handbrake was on to me at low speeds. Explained why the disc was so mullered too!

Anyway, I replaced the pads and discs and cleaned the calliper up, and it all works perfectly now. No horrid noises, and lovely even disc wear.

Having said all this, it was probably just a one off, but I thought it was worth mentioning....

Rather than replace the Falken 452, I'd give them a few hundred miles to let the release compound wear off.

That's one thing I hate about them is that they take a long time to come on. Good once they are working though :)

The falkens are not the problem mate, they have been on for about 7months so i think there are worn in now bud. :thumbup:

It's the worn conti's that seem to be causing lack of grip on the back.