touch up hell

simtub

Last night i attempted to touch up a stone chip on my car using a toothpick but a blob of touch up paint landed on the bonnet...so in the spur of panick I tried wiping it off with a cloth and this ended smudging the paint leaving a streak and it was drying up solidly very fast!! So in another moment of panick I took the kitchen sponge and using its abrasive side I attempted to rub off the excess paint however I ended up rubbing into the paintwork a swirl mark the size of a cd and now the paint has lost its shiney layer and you can see some swirls and scruffs ...

I tried tcut and it helped reduce it alot but under certain angles when you look at it..the patch remains there...its as though the lacquer layer has gone!!

any advice and help?

:mad:

Thanks

Be careful Simtub, iirc has your car just been painted after the horrific rear ending you received (fnaar fnaar)

It's best to get someone who is an expert at paint correction to have a look at it, or maybe drop a post over on detailing world.