Buying tyres online- Fitting friendly stations around MK?

Spanner

I need to get 4 tyres for my car now as they are now on the limit and my first thought in these penny-pinching days is to buy them online. However my previous experience in doing this gave me a far from friendy experience at the fitting place. As i hadn't spent my money there i got pushed to the end of the day then was asked to come back the following morning when it was quiet.

So I'm looking for recommendations for fitting places who are happy to fit either self-provided tyres or who are connected to an online place around Beds/ bucks area, i.e MK.

A few online tyre places arrange for the tyres to be dropped at a local fitter.

I think blackcircles does this

Black circles all the way, i'm in the same boat as you mate and need a couple of new tyres and had a look at their site yesterday.

Davy

Check out tyre shopper (Google). It's actually run by National Tyres who do the fitting.

In my case they out-priced Black Circles by a good margin and fitting and balance was no problem.

I will only ever take loose wheels to a tyre shop in another vehicle - I wouldn't let those monkeys anywhere near a car. This neatly avoids the damper/exhaust/brakes hard sell into the bargain.

rotodiesel.

I had good service from Tyres from Event Mobile Tyres - Mobile Tyre Fitting for Car, 4x4 and Run Flat Tyres - you get a quote online for the tyres you want, then they contact you to arrange for a mobile fitter to come round.

Not sure how prices compare on tyres for the Fabia, but they were certainly amongst the cheapest for the tyres I was after. :)

Rob.

Hey, thanks for that link Rob, I remember finding them a while ago but couldnt remember who they were.

MAybe it was just a bad experience last time, I'd used mytyres before which just send you the tyres and leave the fitting to you to sort out.

MAybe it was just a bad experience last time, I'd used mytyres before which just send you the tyres and leave the fitting to you to sort out.

Last time I used mytyres you could pick one of the installation places and get the tyres shipped there and then fitted - that was about two years ago admittedly.

It was fairly painless, but took about 2 weeks for the tyres to arrive and wasn't *that* much cheaper than some other places...

Rob.

I'd seen the Costco in MK though talking someone at work who goes there you have to be a member and it seems like you only get what they've got in stock and being the vrs is not a common size and you dont book i thought i'd leave it.

Well i'm looking at the Toyo's and i'll ring round a few to check before buying anything. I have 1mm left before hitting the limit so have a little while before having to book something.