Just got my new little doggie

seano47

Aaaaah.

They're a nice little dog, with a huge personality. As a fellow "temple dog" owner -we've got a Tibetan Terrier (see my avatar)-I'd say start training him now. They're such strong characters that they can take some keeping in hand. And then there's the grooming!

Phil

Aaaaah.

They're a nice little dog, with a huge personality. As a fellow "temple dog" owner -we've got a Tibetan Terrier (see my avatar)-I'd say start training him now. They're such strong characters that they can take some keeping in hand. And then there's the grooming!

Phil

cheers mate i am tryin that like but proven to be hard lol its the going the toilet i want him to do he wont go on the couch he knows not to but wont go on the paper i have layed down for him just anywere on the floor really any thoughts

Cheers

cheers mate i am tryin that like but proven to be hard lol its the going the toilet i want him to do he wont go on the couch he knows not to but wont go on the paper i have layed down for him just anywere on the floor really any thoughts

Cheers

Puppy pads. They have some sort of chemical that makes 'em irresistible. I've also used the system of putting the pup outside whenever they wake up or finish eating -then praise 'em to teh high heavens when they do perform. It's just a matter of time and patience.

Phil

with toilet training try and use some common.

ie when the pup wakes up it will need to go, when it has eaten or drunk it will need to go (it's body is too small to store waste!), watch for indicators from the pup eg circling etc.

do not use negative training, it's no good telling it off unless you catch it physically in the act, any later and it will have forgotten (you cannot explain stuff to a dog).

give the pup mega praise when it is going in the correct place be that the pads or out side, a dog will only do an action that has a desired result!

yours shouldn't get as big as mine!:):):)

23445.attach

with toilet training try and use some common.

ie when the pup wakes up it will need to go, when it has eaten or drunk it will need to go (it's body is too small to store waste!), watch for indicators from the pup eg circling etc.

do not use negative training, it's no good telling it off unless you catch it physically in the act, any later and it will have forgotten (you cannot explain stuff to a dog).

give the pup mega praise when it is going in the correct place be that the pads or out side, a dog will only do an action that has a desired result!

I second this apart from the pads. I've found it easier to train a dog to toliet out side straight away than to train it in two places.

With my dogs I've done the above plus; Have a towel always to hand then.... as soon as the pup sqwats to do anything I run the towel underneath to catch anything and immediately pick up the pup and taken it to the same outside door everytime saying firmly but nicely "wee wees outside"

Every pup I've done this with has learn't to go straight to the door within a day or two of this technique. Thats with pups ranging from 8 weeks to 16 weeks.

I know this might not appeal to people picking up their pet mid poo/pee but it's the quickest way I've found to train them. I got the technique from and ex Army dog trainer.

my aunt has 2, both about 9 months old now, they are insane little things.

we have a rescue dog, his name is frodo (we never changed it :o)

he has learnt to sit and give his paw and that is it, how ever we cant age him as he has broken all his teeth to allow that. he was never once walked, chucked in the back garden alone, and was left for days at a time, and fed scraps, which makes me laugh as he was well fat when we got him. and the ball fettish is annoying at time for a dog that was never played with once he soon got the hang of it. :rofl:

i love him to bits.

23643.attach

23644.attach