Out of sorts wipers....HELP

Hi all,

My wife has been driving my 1.9TDi Elegance 2003 (she is only allowed because I have a broken leg and am on crutches!):thumbup:

She came in tonight and told me that the OS wiper parked itself on the OS door mirror!

When I checked, the motor worked but the wiper stayed put or parked itself where it wanted - no good for safe driving as the wiper won't clear the screen and just flops about.....

I am a lovestruck newbie when it comes to Skoda's (having been a long time Pug owner) and I need to know what to do next ASAP?

Can I just buy and fit a new arm? I am assuming that the spindle is splined and that the inside of the arm has just worn away!???

Your advice is appreciated.

Cheers, Graeme

btw, I forgot to add that we need the car to be fixed by Thursday as we are using it to get to Gatwick to go on our 1st holiday for 10 (yes TEN!) years, and me with crutches and cast....Sob

Edited by Maranman
Forgot to add....

If the nearside wiper is working fine, then I would suggest that maybe the OS one was just loose on the spline...

By the sound of it, unless the mechanism is bust. It's usually the reverse: the arms corrode onto the splines.