New Octavia model.........?

Hi guys,

I was down at my local Skoda pusher yesterday to have a look at the new Superb. During the conversation he said that there is a new Octavia on the way. He said it would start production i week 45 but he didn´t have any pics.

Is he drunk or is this true? :eek:

I have trawled the net for pics without any luck.

Bgds Dan

Bgds Dan

No, he's not drunk.

When he says "New Octavia" he means "Facelifted Octavia". That's the one we're all waiting for.

It's surronded by mistery. No one has yet seen the pictures. What we see arround is just playing with Photoshop. I've done a lot of search and found so many different pictures and news.

So, we have to wait for official photos.

About week I'm not sure but my dealer swore it will come out before the end of the year.

Hi guys,

I was down at my local Skoda pusher yesterday to have a look at the new Superb. During the conversation he said that there is a new Octavia on the way. He said it would start production i week 45 but he didn´t have any pics.

Bgds Dan

My dealer also told me week 45, but that I probably shouldn't expect to see a facelifted model in the metal till after Christmas. Who is your dealer? it would be good to see if Skoda UK have now made an announcement to the dealer network. As other contributors and threads say, there seem to be few hard facts. I've not seen an official announcement or official pictures. Skoda seem tight-lipped about it, but I've heard somewhere that the car may be presented at the Paris motorshow in October.

My dealer also told me week 45, but that I probably shouldn't expect to see a facelifted model in the metal till after Christmas. Who is your dealer? it would be good to see if Skoda UK have now made an announcement to the dealer network. As other contributors and threads say, there seem to be few hard facts. I've not seen an official announcement or official pictures. Skoda seem tight-lipped about it, but I've heard somewhere that the car may be presented at the Paris motorshow in October.

Interesting - so a quick question:

I am just awaiting approval for co. purchase of L&K TDi DSG Estate - it is likely to be a factory order (due to options added) with quoted lead time of around 12 weeks, so if approved my plan is to order at the end of September for January 2009 delivery.:)

Can I then assume that the car I get would be a facelift model, going on what has been said to date? and what about any spec changes that may be on the facelift and any additional costs?

Cheers,

John.

Interesting - so a quick question:

I am just awaiting approval for co. purchase of L&K TDi DSG Estate - it is likely to be a factory order (due to options added) with quoted lead time of around 12 weeks, so if approved my plan is to order at the end of September for January 2009 delivery.:)

Can I then assume that the car I get would be a facelift model, going on what has been said to date? and what about any spec changes that may be on the facelift and any additional costs?

Cheers,

John.

I doubt it will be the facelifted one if you order in September: the current brochure applies till 31 September, and I suspect there'll be a 1 Oct to 31 December brochure promoting the current shape too. I think you won't be able to order a facelift until it is officially announced as available to order.

Re specs, no-one knows, but a dealer contributor on here says he thinks there'll be improved spec eg standard ESP and/or curtain airbags at least on higher spec models.That makes sense as Octavia pricing is very close to that of the new Superb. If you're not bothered about waiting for a facelift you can get very good deals now: probably over £2K off the model you're decribing.

I doubt it will be the facelifted one if you order in September: the current brochure applies till 31 September, and I suspect there'll be a 1 Oct to 31 December brochure promoting the current shape too. I think you won't be able to order a facelift until it is officially announced as available to order.

Re specs, no-one knows, but a dealer contributor on here says he thinks there'll be improved spec eg standard ESP and/or curtain airbags at least on higher spec models.That makes sense as Octavia pricing is very close to that of the new Superb. If you're not bothered about waiting for a facelift you can get very good deals now: probably over £2K off the model you're decribing.

Thanks Helix,

I have got a better offer than that from Drive the Deal - total discount on L&K TDi DSG Est with options (s/roof, colombus satnav & suset glass) is £3878.60 off list - net price of £20494.15 OTR with 6mths RFL.

So, as you say,may be better to place the order while the "price is right":D

John.

My dealer is located in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Kairouan - I can´t see any pics in the tread that would be the facelifted octy unless it´s the blue RS.

Bgds Dan

Thanks Helix,

I have got a better offer than that from Drive the Deal - total discount on L&K TDi DSG Est with options (s/roof, colombus satnav & suset glass) is £3878.60 off list - net price of £20494.15 OTR with 6mths RFL.

So, as you say,may be better to place the order while the "price is right":D

John.

Excellent discount. Even allowing for discounts on the facelift, it would have to be a very impressive facelift to justify losing that kind of saving!