URGENT help needed

hello all, i need to find out if there's anyway to fix a door window motor for a 1.6 ambiente octavia. the problem is, that the motor makes this ticking sound and whenever the door (front passenger door) is opened, the windows go down. also, would i be able to remove or unplug the motor without causing and adverse effects?

please, i need all the help i can get.

cheers

You could unplug the motor but removing the motor might mean the window can drop all by itself.

Does it click only when the windows going down or when going up. It could just be channels and mechanism are miss alligned or or something has come adrift and is catching slightly

all but one window is propped up. the regulator was changed on the door which the motor isnt working, and the motor stopped working a week after the regulator was changed. the central locking is messed up as a result and now only works on the back doors and the trunk. so, if i unplug the motor, will the window that is still working come down?

also, nothing works from the drivers door controls.

sounds like something is certainly wrong, first thing to look for i would say is damaged or trapped cables. other than that i'd be thinking it was the convenience ecu at fault, is there anyone local that could help with vag-com to see if any faults have been logged?

Other than the convenience ECU, I'd think the driver's door loom is the most likely suspect. Do the courtesy lights, central locking, lights on buzzer, driver's door speaker, child locking, anti-hijack all work properly?