Passat (I know it's not a Skoda!) vag-com

FreudianSlip

Hi,

I bought vag-com for my superb (as noted in a different thread) and have been playing about with it quite successfully. I took my vag-com down to my friends to try setting some bits on his car and managed to do the anti-hijacking fine.

Now whereas my car will enable me to open and close the windows from the remote, his 04 passat doenst - and I'm stumped if I can find out why.

We've checked the web and found a couple of articles that seem to say that a VW based on the B5 code can be changed using 46 (Cent Conv), 07 (long code) and then changing some parameters there within, but the problem is that neither my car, nor his has this "long code" option within vag-com.

The "07 Code" option exists, but the options within it are different from the long code. I tried looking for the Long Code in a couple of different modules but no joy there either.

Is there some kind of "basic interface" parameter within vag-com that I've got set, or is there something even more fundamental at fault (i.e. the modules on the car dont support long coding?). My other concern given that my superb does open/close with the remote, if I wanted to disable that, how would I go about it as I dont have the Long Code option available to me even on my car?

Thanks

Aye - that was our 1st thought - his keys in the door operate the windows up/down when locking / unlocking though - so maybe there's a bit of an issue with remote functionality? I read about something called an "alien" module?

The main fly in the logic ointment though is that my superb works fine on the remote, but I dont have the long code functionality either and cannot find anywhere any parameter to change the operation of it. If I could find some parameter on my car it would point at the fact that his car doesnt have the module in question, and mine does - but the cars appear almost exact...

Confused..

I'll post the full module spec when I go down there and scan his car (probably in a week or so now..)

You don't tell us anything about the Passat though, is it 3B or 3C? I'm assuming 3C as you mention long coding. If it's the same shape as your Superb, and given it's age it probably is, then it'll be a 3B in which case I very much doubt if it uses long coding.

What happens on your Superb is largely irrelevant.

It's an 04 reg 1.9 diesel 4 motion - based on B5.5...?

I'm not sure about the 3b/c part - and I've left him tasked with finding this out for you.

Again, given the fact that I dont have these long codes either I'd have thought the functionality of my windows would be the same as his.

Again, given the fact that I dont have these long codes either I'd have thought the functionality of my windows would be the same as his.

The firmware in the CCM doesn't always support it, AFAIK, so it depends on the CCM fitted.

It's the chassis type. But being a B5.5 will likely mean it's a 3B and the US guys tend to use 5.5 meaning second half of 2005 production.

If he looks at the 7th and 8th digits of the chassis number it will say 3B and your Superb will be 3U.