wood effect trims

skodanut

i was cleaning the interior of my superb the other day and came to the conclusion that the interior being the same colour as the car ( black ) lacked something to break the initial dullness of the interior.

i know the superbs have wood option especially on the elegance models, but given the price to aquire the kit, has anyone in their superb fitted the stick on wood kits? whether it be aluminium or wood? , rather than pay the dealer prices? any info on this would be much appreciated .

The stick on kits can look good, and a bit of colour will certainly brighten things up alot. Aluminium would look a little odd in the superb, but the wood will give your car an air of luxury.

I thought it may be a conection for the engine preheater they have in Finland where each bay in the car parks for the flats has a power supply to heat the engine in advance during their cold winters.

However, these are usually under the bumper near the front of the car so that you don't have to leave a door open or trap a cable if you close the door.

I like the look of that. I had the wood trim in my Previous Elegance, I now have the black plastic in my Elegance, with the aluminium / shiny grey on the doors. I would like the alu for the centre consul area, as my rear (where the vents etc are) is aluminium look, so it doesnt match the front, not sure why that is.

I thought it may be a conection for the engine preheater they have in Finland where each bay in the car parks for the flats has a power supply to heat the engine in advance during their cold winters.

However, these are usually under the bumper near the front of the car so that you don't have to leave a door open or trap a cable if you close the door.

You are almost right...Its power supply for a heater inside the car for those cold winter days...................

Edited by Kari

You are almost right...Its power sypply for a heater inside the car for those cold winter days...................

Right, it's output socket for inside heater, installation could have been more invisible, though. There's also a heater element in engine room. Input socket is on front bumper.

thanks mannyo...are there any issues sticking the wood effect trims to the existing rubberised finish on the present comfort model that i have?....ie not adhering properly ? thanks to all your replies

yes i agree with you there sj fisher 67......i think the aluminium covering to fit over the present black trims in the console area would look rather cool......just wish it would look a bit more chromy like the vent chrome trim, rather than the brushed look

thanks mannyo...are there any issues sticking the wood effect trims to the existing rubberised finish on the present comfort model that i have?....ie not adhering properly ? thanks to all your replies

Installation was quite easy, however, instructions should be followed. I think same procedure applies to all vendors products.

having seen the pic of the aluminium on the superb i think it is a bit too much hehe...if i decide to take the plunge and go for the covering , i'll stick to the wood effect.....looks more at home, and a dam sight cheaper than the dealer prices......thanks again for posting the pics......regards andy

having seen the pic of the aluminium on the superb i think it is a bit too much hehe...if i decide to take the plunge and go for the covering , i'll stick to the wood effect.....looks more at home, and a dam sight cheaper than the dealer prices......thanks again for posting the pics......regards andy

No probs. Well, I'd really like to see better pics of this alu set on superb as that Milotec's picture doesn't show much of dashboard as whole. Maybe have to do some photoshopping...But agreed, alu might be too weird in superb...:eek: