Can anyone in Swansea/Cardiff/S Wales reset an airbag light for Beer Tokens?

snownrock

SWMBO's Fabia has had the aribag light on ever since we replaced the battery a couple of months ago (i assume its this) and its due for its MOT next month. I may be wrong (please correct if i am) but an airbag light wont fail an MOT, only ABS light. But its still prompted me to do something about it, so it would be great if someone could give us a hand with this. I live in Swansea, but will travel for help (in Cardiff on saturday). I bought a VAG COM cable but for the life of me i cant get it to work, and i wouldnt be able to reset anyway.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I can have a look for although I am not 100% sure about messing with airbags and vagcom.

As vagcom by default skips airbags and I'm not entirly sure why ????

If someone can tell us what I need too do I'll gladly have a look for you. Unless you can find someone a bit nearer in the meantime.

Well she did crash in nov 06, but nothing deployed, but the light has only been on since we replaced the battery, so hopefully its that. If not at least an error code might let me know the problem, maybe the contacts have gone in the wheel or something similar. Or maybe its something to do with the seatbelt sensor or something, clarification would be nice even if it cant be reset. But im determined to get my vagcom working tonight, i will not be beaten.

Thats good to know Martin, do you have the full Vagcom i guess? I only have the free "check codes" version so if you could explain here what you did for Fatty5000 or another that would be grand.

P.S a Selby native here (for my sins)

you can erase with unregistered too

Can i? Didnt realise that, i presume you mean with the v409.1 version too as you also have the eBay cable. I thought with the free version you could only check stuff, thats good to know anyway.

Well ill have a crack tonight when youve sent the drivers ;) ill come back on here if i still need assistance.. which is highly likely :rolleyes: