keeping tyres shiny?

czechmate

Whatever you do, don't use oven cleaner on tyres!

There are lots of products that the tyre companies advise against, including some of the older style tyre gels, as they can destroy the integrity of the rubber and cause blow-outs... Gawd knows what damage oven cleaner would do!

The best tyre sheen we have found is a Meguiars proffesional one. I know it isn't the same at the retail one because our main consideration was that the product be body-shop-safe and water based, which the retail one isn't... but I hear that it is still very, very good.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with rooboy defo use the meguires tyre gel, it smells alright not that you want to smell it, and the tyres will stay "wet looking" for about 5 days. Mind you I do about 500 miles a week so it might last longer if you don't use it that much