keeping tyres shiny?

czechmate

just wondering if anyone out there could recommend anything to keep

tyres permanently clean/shiny, wetlooking.

i've tried plenty of products to date like wonder tyres, tyreslik, the usual foams and gels but nothing seems to last any length of time.

i've even tried engine/vegtable oil as suggested :rolleyes:

at the moment i'm using son of a gun which on application looks good but again does'nt last, so any suggestions would be welcome

thanks in advance :)

Something silicone based would probably do the trick, but anything is likely to wear off/go dull quickly. How about one of those instant shoe shine sponge thingys? IIRC they are loaded with silicone and give an "instant shine". Every time you get back to the car you can have a quick whizz round and then they'll gleam just like new.

Just don't get any on the treads!!! :D

This tip is foolproof .......... ;)

1) Clean your tyres

2) Walk to work

3) Never under any circumstances drive your car

4) Have you noticed how clean your tyres are now .........and how little petrol you have used ................yes , it also aids petrol consumption ;)

5) Sell your car and buy a bike !!!

6) Fed up of biking to work ?

7) Buy an Octy vRS

8)I love my vRS , but how do I keep my tyres clean ?

9) Now this tip is foolproof

10) Clean your tyres

11) Walk to work

12) Have you noticed a pattern emerging yet !!!!!

if not go to numbers 3,4,5,6,7 and 8 :D

Used to use auto glym but now using turtle wax as it was on a two for one other lasted longer than autoglym but although a white cream when applying is black when tyres are wiped after the next few washes so if tyres are wiped black comes off on sponge :( .

I tend to black every 3 - 4 washes and wipe with an old sponge in between the turtle wax stuff- this way it works quite well.

The problem with the "spray on tyres while they are wet" types of tyre cleaner is that you get it on your nice clean alloys although giive a good sheen to tyres- this type may be the best/easiest to apply if a mask is made to cover the alloy.

John

autoglym here too im afraid - does the trick for moi. Another top tip to get you alloys clean is to use Mr Muscle oven clean - its fooooking brill. But... dont forget to wear marigold gloves :gay: cause it can burn you hands! At the end you get a cracking shine!! As for using vegetable oil to clean you tyres!!!! :thumbdwn:

autoglym here too im afraid - does the trick for moi. Another top tip to get you alloys clean is to use Mr Muscle oven clean - its fooooking brill. But... dont forget to wear marigold gloves :gay: cause it can burn you hands! At the end you get a cracking shine!! As for using vegetable oil to clean you tyres!!!! :thumbdwn:

If you knew how many fan ovens that have their fan elements blow after the owner uses Mr Muscle oven cleaner you would never use it on your alloy wheels.