No Sat-Nav or 18's

bryan

No cars in the dealers to look at as of yet, but Skoda.ie have at last listed the prices and spec of the new Superb. Like the rest of europe, and unlike the UK, there is no Sat-Nav or 18's on the Elegance, but not to badly spec'ed I guess. far as I can make out, wood trim is standard tho.

No list of accessory prices tho.

Details can be seen here: http://www.skoda.ie/templates/SkodaV3/downloads/superb-price-list.pdf

The 170CR is only €200 more than the 1.8, and €310 a yr cheaper to tax. I for one would not be going with the TSi car here

Edited by bryan

Prices also look to be quite a bit more expensive than mainland Europe, and way more expensive than the UK.

2.0TDI 170 Elegance is nearly £30,000!

It's only about £26,000 in mainland Europe. Any idea where the extra cost is coming from?

Bagpuss.

I guess the extra costs come down to taxation in Eire. I dont think to many will opt for the big V6 with its €2000 Road tax bill.

The greenline looks interesting and I am sure will sell well over there. I guess by reading the spec that the DPF is not included on any of the diesel engines except the greenline version, unlike over here.

2.0TDI 170 Elegance is nearly £30,000!

It's only about £26,000 in mainland Europe. Any idea where the extra cost is coming from?

Bagpuss.

One reason it looks so expensive when you work out the cost in £'s is the very poor exchange rate.

(the difference between getting 1.2 euro's to the pound and 1.6 euro's to the pound is over £7,000 on a £30,000 car!)

The days of importing a car to save a few thousand quid are probably over (for the time being anyway).

We have a stupid tax scheme here in Ireland where the goverment add mearly 25-30% VRT. ( Vechile Reg Tax ) . even if we buy cars from the UK they have a little book and it tells them how much tax to add.

It's the way the goverment bend us over here.

As we have no choice people just pay it. if we didn't have it I wold have the big V6 model all day long.

here is the website where they calculate it.

https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/ShowVRT

Bast****

Edited by vRS 170TDi Cork