Superb Elegance 2005 55 plate 1.9 TDi price

pdd0773

Unfortunately that valuation doesn't seem too far off the mark. Once its been through the workshop, had any bodywork/repairs, and value adjusted assuming its going to be on the forcourt for 4 months - theres not a lot of margin in it.

Well! I have just received a p/x valuation on a new Superb for my old Superb 55 plate 1.9 Elegance with 80k.

The valuation from my local dealer was £4100.

Does this sound about right??

If it's WHITE I'll buy it for cash & you can negotiate a better deal for your new one!

That's what I thought. If I could get it for £5k then it might be a goer.

It has been my company car from new so I know the history.

I thought the market was absolutely dead but the leasing company are not budging from £6k at the moment!!

They would struggle to get £4k through the trade if I handed it back

Try a couple of other dealers for a PX price, 4100 sounds a bit low to me, I would have expected nearer 5000, then go to the lease co with what you learn & make a final offer. If you are keeping it for yourself also look at what a similar car costs on a forecourt & knock 1000-1500 off that to get to private sale levels. You know the car & obvioucly you know its history & you want a decent car for the good lady. If you go elsewhere you risk buying something you dont know with potential problems.