6000 miles

18" Wheels

Dual Climate

Jumbo Box

Cruise Control

IPod prep

Tyre pressure monitor

Interior will be scotchguarded

Agreed a price of just shy of 13k. I reckon this is a decent price. What do you guys think?

Looking forward to picking it up in a couple of weeks!

Sounds canny to me , seen this one in Middlesbrough for sale at £15,995 on a 57 plate with 8,300 on the clock

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDi PD vRS 5-Dr Hatchback

I've just bought (1 month ago, arriving in a couple of weeks) a new CR TDi vRS Ocatavia with maxidot, reverse sensors, cruise control and Metallic Paint for £16,450. Thats brand new!

Thanks to the special offer on PCP finance this sept with a £4k deposit I'm paying £212 p/m.

I've just bought (1 month ago, arriving in a couple of weeks) a new CR TDi vRS Ocatavia with maxidot, reverse sensors, cruise control and Metallic Paint for £16,450. Thats brand new!

Did you buy that from a broker though?

Wha? I'm picking the thing up from the dealer rather than deliver it, so without V5 I'm going nowhere!

I've heard a lot of good things about drivethedeal?

Whats this scam? They asked for my address so they can send a form for me to fill in so they can tax it (i think) if that helps? I also know they Reg num now.

Getting me worried now!

Sounds like you'll be ok then, if they are registering it in your name first then you aren't being subjected to the V5 Scam.

Some of the brokers are selling cars on behalf of Skoda dealers who keep the V5 for a 3 month period. The reason this is done is so that the dealer registers the car to themselves as a demo thus allowing them to claim a defleet bonus from Skoda as well as write down the value of the car every month as a depreciating assett.

Likely fraudulant and most probably illegal.

Hi guys,

Just put a deposit down on an August 07 VRS Diesel. Here is the spec:

Race Blue

6000 miles

18" Wheels

Dual Climate

Jumbo Box

Cruise Control

IPod prep

Tyre pressure monitor

Agreed a price of just shy of 13k. I reckon this is a decent price. What do you guys think?

Sounds a good deal to me mate. Assume you're from the toon? Where are you getting your car from?

Sounds like you'll be ok then, if they are registering it in your name first then you aren't being subjected to the V5 Scam.

Some of the brokers are selling cars on behalf of Skoda dealers who keep the V5 for a 3 month period. The reason this is done is so that the dealer registers the car to themselves as a demo thus allowing them to claim a defleet bonus from Skoda as well as write down the value of the car every month as a depreciating assett.

Likely fraudulant and most probably illegal.

Its illegal in the sense that the selling dealer is legally obliged to inform the DVLA of a change of 'owner'. Keeping back the V5 is a dishonest practise, however, it can only happen where a pre registered vehicle is involved. If you are buying a car through drivethedeal, as I did back in 2001 (a Golf V5), they merely introduce you to the selling dealer and you will be the first registered keeper, so no worries!

Hi all talking of decent deals have just bought mar 08 octavia vrs black magic,xenons,18 inch wheels,reverse sensors,boombox,climate,colombus sat nav,parrot bluetooth,light assist,cruise,maxidot display with 7000 on clock.Paid 16,495 was i ripped off? or have i paid about right price, sorry forgot to say diesel pd engine. cheers

Hi guys,

Just put a deposit down on an August 07 VRS Diesel. Here is the spec:

Race Blue

6000 miles

18" Wheels

Dual Climate

Jumbo Box

Cruise Control

IPod prep

Tyre pressure monitor

That is a very good deal :thumbup:

Hi all talking of decent deals have just bought mar 08 octavia vrs black magic,xenons,18 inch wheels,reverse sensors,boombox,climate,colombus sat nav,parrot bluetooth,light assist,cruise,maxidot display with 7000 on clock.Paid 16,495 was i ripped off? or have i paid about right price, sorry forgot to say diesel pd engine. cheers

Wouldn't say you were ripped off, but they are around for cheaper...

A lot of it depends on how your paying for the car these day's...

Sounds a good deal to me mate. Assume you're from the toon? Where are you getting your car from?

Yep, from Newcastle. Getting the car from Progress Skoda (Letchworth) though. Been looking for a diesel VRS for a while, but there don't seem to be too many (nearly new) around in the north.