1.8T Maf

It looks like I broke mine,

Am I right in thinking any maf from a 1.8t will be ok?

Thanks

same old story m8..you buy a bargain then something fooks up..i got a cheap remap :D then broke the windscreen:mad:its like that advert..only we get the good luck then the bad..did you buy a new filter for your intake? i notice crap coming through mine the other day..so ive got a new green cotton one..dont no about the maf but i would have thought so

Admittedly I've another fault somewhere (still to be found, but possibly air leak between turbo and engine inlet), but on the rolling road at Impossible Performace on Sunday they tried a brand new MAF on mine (direct intake, not plumbed through my stock airbox and K&N) and that made about 10% less power through the whole rev range than my own MAF connected through the airbox?! That's with exact same engine map, as they were playing around. So I agree with Fatty5000 above, might be worth having the chassis/engine numbers just in case. I'm at IP again on Friday so I can ask their view then if you want and post back?

Just had a quick look at ETKA the part number is 06a 906 461L and there are quite a few with that maf.

Ones to check are beetle, bora, golf, passat, A4,A6,& TT.

Don't go sniffing round the 225 bhp TT's or the S3's they are different due to the bigger turbos.

So i think either a VAG car with a 1.8T producing 150 bhp- 180bhp should be right.

Am i correct in thinking that the part number is on the Maf?

Am I right in thinking this should fit AIR FLOW MASS SENSOR METER AUDI A3 A4 A6 LEON OCTAVIA on eBay, also, Volkswagen, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 28-Oct-08 07:05:02 GMT)

They give the part number as 06a 906 461L which is what you said Martin

I know it might not last as long as the OEM one but it will have to do for now

Thanks

Am I right in thinking this should fit AIR FLOW MASS SENSOR METER AUDI A3 A4 A6 LEON OCTAVIA on eBay, also, Volkswagen, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 28-Oct-08 07:05:02 GMT)

They give the part number as 06a 906 461L which is what you said Martin

I know it might not last as long as the OEM one but it will have to do for now

Thanks

Yes that should fit fine.

• 1 month later...

okey doke. i agree with that sentiment but just wondered.

Which is better then, the £58+vat from GSF or having a recon from Skoda for circa £76 as there isnt a great deal in it.

I just get a stutter at cold and the occasional flat spot so i'm thinking its the MAF. its well serviced and done 56k. also going to chuck a set of new plugs in.

The stutter from cold is normal just let the idle for a minute before driving off (trust me)

Flat spot could be a leaking air pipe somewhere.

I'd save your money if I was you because I doubt wheter replacing thoise items will cure your problems.

Although when were your plugs last changed, it may be worth changing them anyway, but it woin't fix your issues imo.

HTH