Little bit of help needed regarding when the facelift was ?

Hello all,

My mother recently part-exchanged her 04 plate Limited Ed Octy diesal Auto in for a new car.

They told her that they would give her £5300 for it after doing the HPI check and getting all the info they needed off their systems, but when she returned a week later to purchase the car she was told that it was not the facelift and that they would only give her £4000!

She needed the new car and so duly paid the extra money, but as she is not particulary wealthy I am fairly annoyed and so as a budding law student (haha!) im am going to call the manager tomorrow to discuss.

She has written conformation of the price they initially said they would give for the car and everything.

Anyhow what i really need to know is when the facelift happened on the MK 1 Octy, and so is my mothers car the facelift or not :confused: If anyone could give me a quick reply that would be much appreiciated.

Regards,

James

:thumbup:

A 04 plate A4 is either a facelift car (easiest check is clear headlight glasses rather than fluted ones, and wing badges saying "Classic", "Ambiante", "Elegance", or possibly vRS or L&K rather than L, LX or SLX), or spent about 4 years sitting around somewhere unregistered.

I think that probably there has been a bit of confusion about the model rather than the "facelift"

The Octy Mk II was released in 2004, and my suspicion is that initially they assumed that it was a Mk II due to the Reg plate, and backtracked on the offer when they realised it was a Mk I.

Just a guess, but it makes sense.

The facelift of the Mk1 octavias was in 2000 or thereabouts , so there's no danger of it being one of the older style , however as has been said , 2004 was when the Mk2 came on sale which was a totally different car.

Sounds like they've assumed it was a Mk2 and not a Mk1 which would make a large difference to the value.

If you do have the part-ex price in writing though it's clearly their mistake and not yours and you may have grounds to get the difference back.

Worth taking proper legal advice I think