Weird Central Locking

Hi this is weird, I have been using the spare key now to open the car as the wife has the remote, However I used the remote to open up the car today it all opened except the drivers door :confused: So had to open drivers door with key , tried it later on again with the remote and it all worked as it should, However with the drivers door open and while working in the car it all locked except the drivers door ? And I didn’t touch the remote ? I don’t know if this is anything to with it, only have this 03 car a few weeks, when I used to open up the car you could hear like a fuel pump or something starting up ? Which now you don’t ! the interior light comes on when you open the car up, normal yes, but after it goes out if you open any of the other doors it will come back on as it should except the drivers door it wont, what I am thinking , on older cars there used to be a push in switch that when the door closed and open it operated the interior light, modern cars don’t have this, could there be some sensor at fault to the drivers door that is causing the looking and interior lighting problem ? Now your probably more confused than me after that explanation :)

Edited by devonutopia

Hi I have probably made this all confusing, Ill start and try and illuminate the problem, Does the Skoda fabia 1.2 12V lock the doors automatically after about 30 seconds, if you open the car with remote control, But (do not enter) the car ? cause mine does!

I think all VAG products that have remote central locking do the "re-lock" thing for security reasons, its so long since I've last had it happen to me that I could not comment on 30 seconds being the rough time - but logically it sounds about right. On the other problem, you have explained quite well what has been happening, but BTW the fuel pump priming thing might just be that it does not need to run at the moment and you are just looking for some other things that might have changed, try again a lot later and it should prime again if it is still being triggered by the driver's door being opened before you add it to your list of "did happen but does not happen now".

Unfortunately the switch I believe is now in the door lock!

Thanks for that, everything here seams to be pointing to a fault in the drivers door . it doest turn the interior light on , yet all other doors do, and as I said the door looking again as if it was never opened, plus I just found out the lights on warning alarm does not sound if you go to get it with the lights left on, which makes me think there is something within the drivers door that is not telling the car it has been opened, But what ?

Thanks Kwacka well done in finding this info, It sure looks like this is related to my problem, but looks a bit to much for me to take on, So ill get a quote, and depending how much ? I will either live with it or get it sorted :)