Juddering Fabia Vrs

MarkH

Just got Fabia Vrs a couple of weeks - now 1200 miles, great car but judders and clicks a bit on reverse with part steering lock especially first thing in the morning. Any ideas? Brakes have already been removed and copper greased and refitted, dealer has no idea even though another one just sold by them also does the same thing......... ideas? :confused:

Just got Fabia Vrs a couple of weeks - now 1200 miles, great car but judders and clicks a bit on reverse with part steering lock especially first thing in the morning. Any ideas? Brakes have already been removed and copper greased and refitted, dealer has no idea even though another one just sold by them also does the same thing......... ideas? :confused:

Read yer manual.

Juddering on full lock is a warning not to leave it on full lock cause it buggers the pump.

When first starting the ABS tests and makes a bit of a racket.

There is an issue with noisey brakes and there is a thread in here somewhere about it but a bit busy to find it for you at the mo.

Tell the dealer to look at Briskoda to find anything of worth out.

I haven't looked for a previous thread, but I bought my car in April this year and after warming up and then reversing the car I get an awful groaning noise, took it to my dealer, they reckon its normal, something to do with the pads vibrating. I believe them but I don't exactly like the idea of reversing in a street full of people only for my car to make a noise like Dory's impression of a blue whale out of Finding Nemo. I have tried reversing fast and braking to take the sheen of the discs but hey, I've done over 5000 miles now, shouldv'e gone by now.

Any people had similar probs/remedies.

Cheers.

Dan

I haven't looked for a previous thread, but I bought my car in April this year and after warming up and then reversing the car I get an awful groaning noise, took it to my dealer, they reckon its normal,

Yeah, an on-going thing with Fabias and I think other VAG cars. My dealer 'cleaned' the brakes which made it go away from being permenant, only from time to time.