sealing front doors

heli195

just finished sealing my front doors on a 04 vrs took some pics as i did it. so a very quick guide, havent done a guide before so apoligies if its a bit poor lol

pic 1

shows the position of all fixings you need to undo.

the top arm rest needs to be prised off and electric block disconected, then the second part of the trim slides towards the car and lifts out, 3x bolts to be undone

cover by door catch will prise out and 1x screw to undo

3x screws at bottom of door card to undo

light on bottom of door can be prised out

door card will then pull up and off, dont be scared to pull quite hard as takes some force to pull off

when removed reach behind and unclip the door catch wire, just a nipple conection, very similar to a bikes brake set up

when removing o/s door also need to disconect alarm light wire

pic 2

shows where all conections on back of door card are

you need to replace any broken clips, 22p each from dealer, each door has 6 clips on front, 7 on rears, make sure if reusing old clips that the rubbers are in place

pic 3

this just shows all components you have removed to be able to remove the door card

pic 4

shows where i have sealed from and to, i used quite a big bead, bout 5mm, and smoothed with a finger dipped in soapy water to make sure a good seal is achieved.

then put back together in reverse order

hope someone finds this helpful, took about 15mins per door, but i have had the cards off before so knew what to expect lol

Edited by heli195

• 8 months later...