Kitcar/bike fans? What do you think?

foureyes

Wierd looking thing.

I know of one manufacturer that no longer offers warranties on its bike engines in their kit cars as they often pop pistons through the block due to the extra weight etc...

Just a thought.

Wierd looking thing.

I know of one manufacturer that no longer offers warranties on its bike engines in their kit cars as they often pop pistons through the block due to the extra weight etc...

Just a thought.

Tiger have done that, unless that's who you were thinking of :) I had a ride up to the Ponderosa at the Horseshoe Pass last year in my mates twin engined Tiger (2 x ZX9R E1 engines pumping out around 280BHP).

It's the only time I have really been in fear for my life, and I have done daft things like jump out of aeroplanes and "stuff", the forces at work were bloody scary, and I discovered that adrenalin is indeed brown in colour :)

Tiger have done that, unless that's who you were thinking of :) I had a ride up to the Ponderosa at the Horseshoe Pass last year in my mates twin engined Tiger (2 x ZX9R E1 engines pumping out around 280BHP).

It's the only time I have really been in fear for my life, and I have done daft things like jump out of aeroplanes and "stuff", the forces at work were bloody scary, and I discovered that adrenalin is indeed brown in colour :)

Yep, its Tiger I was referring too. Didn't want to name them as the co-owner is a friend, but it seems they make the point quite clear on their website, so fair enough. :)

Yep, its Tiger I was referring too. Didn't want to name them as the co-owner is a friend, but it seems they make the point quite clear on their website, so fair enough. :)

get yourself out for a run in one then mate, if you have not, a twin engined Z100 with GSXR1000 motors should do the trick :)

I've always quite liked the Grinnall Scorpion too but its looks a bit long and ungainly. The BMW bike engine put me off too. I've been waiting for something a bit more stripped back. I like the single seatness too - bit more focused and bike like. Although I used to like riding with a pillion!

I'll take that back... just seen a Grinnall on youtube and it looked quite small - unless the guy driving was tall! Still there's something about the proportions of it that I'm not sure about. I'd still have a go in one though if I had the chance.