Help with boot light's

hey there got a 55 plate octavia estate and neither of the boot lights work. i tested the bulbs and they are ok, i tested the live cable and thats got 12v coming thru but on the black earth cable there seems to be nothing on both sides. anyone got any idea why ?

i would not mind but i am a taxi driver who works nights so lights in the boot would be a massive help.

Could be the switch which should make the circuit when you open the tailgate. I have no idea where the switch is located.

hey there got a 55 plate octavia estate and neither of the boot lights work. i tested the bulbs and they are ok, i tested the live cable and thats got 12v coming thru but on the black earth cable there seems to be nothing on both sides. anyone got any idea why ?

i would not mind but i am a taxi driver who works nights so lights in the boot would be a massive help.

Quote from my manual :-

The switch for the luggage compartment lighting is located in the tailgate lock and cannot be replaced individually.

Sounds exspensive!

Yeh, they make you go to the dealer's for every tiny job. If an owner could find a service manual published for the general public, s/he could take care of a lot of things personally.

Not saying this is the case with the Octi, as it never required anything except a dipped beam bulb a couple weeks ago, but my other car needed 3 trips to the dealer this year for the tiniest of jobs.

i looked all over for the switch the Red light does out on the Dash telling u the boot is shut.

so it must have another switch somewhere.As i really could do with the lights working i think its another trip to the skoda dealer and 8 millon pound a hour labour charge. ;) lol

The switch for the light is actually behind the latch on the boot door, u can press it with our finger. First thing i wud chech is, pull off the plastic panel on the boot door and pull off the plug going to this switch, the plug is probably corroded:)