campaign 26e6 - A cynical person would say....

Dor

.....that the re-flash of the ECU under this non-safety 170TDI recall or whatever you want to call it, saps a noticeable amount of power and torque....VW's attempt to avoid DPF future issues perhaps....discuss (10 points)

Clicky below for more general info in large thread.

I just don't believe i have anything like 170 bhp anymore feel more like a 140.

Seconded

It seems to be intermittent power too, sometimes it seems fine, some others it feels worse than SWMBOs 1.4 Corsa. :rofl:

Bahnstormers RR runs don't show much of a difference other than the torque ramp in the other thread, mind...

Mine is being re RR'd next month at a place where it has run before, so will have graphs with the same scales for comparison of curves...

Clicky below for more general info in large thread.

I just don't believe i have anything like 170 bhp anymore feel more like a 140.

http://briskoda.net/octavia-ii/vrs-pd-170-engine-management-software-disk-part/120394/

There is IMHO nowt wrong having had the 26E6 work done; check out my comments in the thread you haver linked.

A couple of points; if you look at the power graphs there is noticeably more torque to my car (different shape to the curve) between 1,000 and 1,500rpm. Additionally, tested by Superchips a couple of weeks ago now, post 26E6, I had a max of 187bhp. Tested at JKM earlier in the year I had 189bhp; effectively the same. No problem.

There is IMHO nowt wrong having had the 26E6 work done; check out my comments in the thread you haver linked.

A couple of points; if you look at the power graphs there is noticeably more torque to my car (different shape to the curve) between 1,000 and 1,500rpm. Additionally, tested by Superchips a couple of weeks ago now, post 26E6, I had a max of 187bhp. Tested at JKM earlier in the year I had 189bhp; effectively the same. No problem.

The words 'skin', 'pull' and 'rice pudding' come to mind actually. Maybe it needs to adapt.......................

Bahnstormers RR runs don't show much of a difference other than the torque ramp in the other thread,

My car has a flatter torque curve that I put down to having a K&N 57i intake; gives me less torque than OE in low/mid range but more over 3,000rpm (torque and power).

• 1 month later...

Just had my car updated at its first service (they also changed the sensor associated with the DPF even though they had already changed it once under warranty a few months ago).

Driving up the road from the garage, it felt like they had replaced the turbo with a smaller one! However, over a bit of driving the power seems to have returned.

It definitely feels a bit more progressive when it comes on boost, not quite as brutal. After that it seems to drive very similar. I will see how it feels over the next few weeks.