• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What induction kit would you recomend? Are replacement panel filters worth it?

Cheers' date='

James[/quote']

ive got a pipercross induction kit,it sounds realy nice but i don't feel any bhp gain from it.

phil

• Sponsor
What induction kit would you recomend? Are replacement panel filters worth it?

Cheers' date='

James[/quote']

I think mine is K&N, I had to do a few modds to get it on there though, give it a good solid length of pipe so the sone sits down by the front bumper so it can suck in the cold air rushing into to front of the car for best results.

Cheers

Guy.

I think mine is K&N' date=' I had to do a few modds to get it on there though, give it a good solid length of pipe so the sone sits down by the front bumper so it can suck in the cold air rushing into to front of the car for best results.

Cheers

Guy.[/quote']

i just went to the local motorstore and ask for a universal filter.i bought the pipe seperate, thats pipercross too. ive put my cold feed pipe through the front fog light holder.its connected to the piece of plastic.

cheers

phil

• Sponsor
i just went to the local motorstore and ask for a universal filter.i bought the pipe seperate' date=' thats pipercross too. ive put my cold feed pipe through the front fog light holder.its connected to the piece of plastic.

cheers

phil[/quote']

Ideal,

My fogs are in place so I have played around with the filter in different places ending up just next to the fog lamp.

Cheers

Guy.

• Sponsor
Did you guys have to pay any more insurance for the induction kit and alloys and stuff?

Cheers' date='

James[/quote']

They did not charge me much extra at all, I am sure age, location and record will all make a difference though.

I do remember they wanted to charge me more to insure myself on a metro gta :eek:

Cheers

Guy.

• Sponsor
Have you got any pictures of yours?

Cheers' date='

James[/quote']

I have some pictures on my computer at home, even though it could do with a clean, might clean it and take some more this weekend, but I have no idea how to host them :confused:

Cheers

Guy.

I am running a set of HP coilovers on my Felicia.

It gives me about a 60mm drop, and i can adjust from there.

Im getting a set of VW Scirrocco 15" steel wheels to put on it, so it might rub it might not...time will tell!

What else is people doing to there cars then?

I have got a Skoda Motorsport CAT, and centre system.

Loudish but not excessive.

Steve :)

I am running a set of HP coilovers on my Felicia.

It gives me about a 60mm drop' date=' and i can adjust from there.

Im getting a set of VW Scirrocco 15" steel wheels to put on it, so it might rub it might not...time will tell!

What else is people doing to there cars then?

I have got a Skoda Motorsport CAT, and centre system.

Loudish but not excessive.

Steve :)[/quote']

Where do you get HP coilovers from? Are they any good? And, how much did they set you back? :)

Cheers,

James

Where do you get HP coilovers from? Are they any good? And' date=' how much did they set you back? :)

Cheers,

James[/quote']

i read somewhere that the 1.4 16v motor from lupo/polo/fabia fits into the felicia which would give you a useful power increase

I actually bought a Favorit very cheap, and they were on it, they were only about 6 months old!

They tend to fetch about 300-500 quid per set.

A definate upgrade!

Im also running a strut brace too, which is welcomed addition to the car.

What sort of mods do we want to see available for felicias then? :rolleyes:

Steve :)

• 1 month later...
  • Sponsor
I actually bought a Favorit very cheap' date=' and they were on it, they were only about 6 months old!

A definate upgrade!

I have a strut brace on mine and I have to say that lowering it a long way and the strut brace have made huge handling differences in the car.

I would like to know if the engine can be turbo'd or given any other large performance increases, as I could be interested in seeing how much power can be gained, or is it a non starter with the 1.6mpi??

Cheers

Guy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

felicia 1.6 mpi 75bhp.

vw polo 1.6 mpi 75 bhp and 100bhp.!!

don't quote me,but this extra 25bhp may just be ecu related.

if this is the case its the easiest mod with the largest gains.

someone out there must know if this can be done :thumbup:

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
I actually bought a Favorit very cheap' date=' and they were on it, they were only about 6 months old!

A definate upgrade!

Dragging the past back to life but. Was it a White Favorit with a Sebring back box/Cobra bucket seats and an S-Racing steering wheel?

I sold it very cheap to a well known Skoda enthusiast in York, he sold it to another northern nutter because it wasn't suitable for what he wanted.

I have a strut brace on mine and I have to say that lowering it a long way and the strut brace have made huge handling differences in the car.

I would like to know if the engine can be turbo'd or given any other large performance increases' date=' as I could be interested in seeing how much power can be gained, or is it a non starter with the 1.6mpi??

Cheers

Guy.[/quote']

Every engine can be turboed, but I reckon you would get better results with a 135 (1.3) with the MPI head from a 136MPi and injection for turboing than with a 1.6.

• 2 weeks later...
:D :D Hy i m new here i have a 1,6mpi too i just started with exterior ....engine is the last i guess :) i saw nobody uploaded pics i'll do it .....i m looking for some lexus style brake lights i've heard that VW mk3 fit do u have any ideea? ...my car....BORLA exhaust Pilot sport filter Rial LeMans rims...and more to come these i have:P not all on my car ...the rims don't have tyres yet .....GOOD DAY

7377.attach

7378.attach

• Sponsor

Right thats it.

Shout be getting a digital camara for crimbo.

then when the car comes back from the garage I will put some piccies up.

Currently building a new 2.5inch stainles traight through exhaust (decat and center box) with a new DNX oval back box.

After that, new manifold.... does anyone know if you can buy after market ones for the 1.6mpi or am I going to have to get one built?

DUDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come on!! where are all the die hard skoda fans. You want mods mate, well let me tell you! there are so many places to get them here is one of the best www.ellri.cz this place rocks, the site is bilingual so no worries, its all from czech republic. (But my god is everything cheap, including postage, its all in euros) if u look on this website, u will find all you need to modify it looks wise. Also go to www.jhmbuttco.co.uk and look under felicia. I have a skoda favorit myself, and even i can get a decent body kit there, and i'm talk FULL, foe something like

• 1 year later...
Currently building a new 2.5inch stainles traight through exhaust (decat and center box) with a new DNX oval back box

Isnt a 2.5'' system a bit large for such a small engine? You only fit a large system like that on either a turbo engined car or a larger CC car (2.0 or over) You will have virtually no back pressure which will decrease performance and low down grunt. For instance, My 2.9 V6 Sierra had a 3inch straight through system, because it had a big engine and was highly tuned, my saab 9000 2.0 turbo carlsson had a 2.5 system because it had a high performance engine. For most normally aspirated engines of under 2.0 a 2inch bore system is the best for the job.

After that, new manifold.... does anyone know if you can buy after market ones for the 1.6mpi or am I going to have to get one built?

Powerflow can build you a stainless 4-1 or 4-2-1 manfiold for about