A first class performance in adverse conditions

Well, I've had my Fabia estate for almost six months now and yesterday we left home for my 22 mile drive to work just before 7am. There was no lying snow when we left home, but five miles from home, we found ourselves in dreadful conditions. Lots of ice (the gritters hadn't made it), large numbers of fallen branches, driving conditions were terrible. When I ordered the car, I specified ESP and it was truly money well spent. The car coped well with the conditions and was a lot easier to drive than any car I've owned previously.

I did have to pull over after almost an hour of driving as it was dangerous due to cars pulling/sliding out of side turnings into the path of oncoming traffic approaching on very icy roads. However, I was very impressed with my first experiences of the Fabia under such extreme conditions.

:thumbup:

Pleased the car kept you safe and you got to work ok. I love my little Fabia

Val

They are good cars. Not curvy or 'frilly', but 100% functional. This is my first Skoda after 17 years of driving Vauxhalls.

What's yours called?

Mine is called 'Gizzmo' due to all the gadgets and gizmos he's got.

They are good cars. Not curvy or 'frilly', but 100% functional. This is my first Skoda after 17 years of driving Vauxhalls.

What's yours called?

Mine is called 'Gizzmo' due to all the gadgets and gizmos he's got.

Hi ours is called "Smurff" due to the blue body and white roof, unless you are of a certain age you may not know what I am talking about.

Roy has a new Superb, but to be honest mine has the character and is very cheeky and smiley.

DSCN3088.jpg

Edited by Roy and Val

• 2 weeks later...

I really like ESP, I'm totally sold on the system. After having it demonstrated to me at the Superb launch day and also we tested it when I went to the Octavia Scout training. I also had a personal car that had ESP and it really worked very well on a very slippery track.