Superb failed first MOT ??

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Daeler was Sherlodge garage Gillingham - and I have nothing but praise for them to date.

Regards

John

John have you actually checked your car after they have serviced it?

The reason i ask is my car had only ever been 'serviced' by them from new (3 services), however when i serviced the car myself a couple of months ago i noticed the air filter had a date stamp of 10/2003 on it (the car was registered in 03/2004).

I find it hard to believe that when the 20K service was done in 2005 that they still had a stock of 2003 filters?!

If they did however, then how about its 40K service in 2006? or its 60K service in 2007?? :eek:

I simply fail to believe that the filter had been changed at every (or indeed any) of the services, a common service item like an air filter does not sit around on the shelf for 4 years.

It also makes you wonder what else has not been changed that should of been.

Edited by Gizmo68

I have had the filters changed every year and I ask them to put the old bits in a bag in the boot. Now I know they could put any bits in there but to be honest i have not had any reason to disbelieve them up to now. As I have said before I have had them carry out work whilst I am there (Plenum chamber clean, remove grommets and Pollen filter seal change - that way I know the Battery and tray have been taken off) and I have been shown the car at various stages throughout the work being done - with no issues at all. I must admit that filters over 4 yrs old does seem odd though? Did you ask them about it - I would. Unfortunately I am not mechanically minded (My forte is electronics) so I leave everything to them.

Regards

The servicing was done before i bought the car, so no i haven't spoke to them about it, in fact the only time we have actually been there was when SHMBO was looking at Fabia's (she hated the plasticky look and feel of all the interiors, - even on a brand new car, the only model they didn't have was the vRS, although she wasn't keen on the colour of their seats anyway).

Maybe it was because my car was a lease car rather than privately owned? not that it should make ANY difference??

No!!! You are right it should not make ANY difference.

I have to say that if I do find any work is not done that I have asked for then the garage will see a very different side of me. I did tell them right at the beginning when I bought the car from them that if i did find this then the S***T would hit the fan - perhaps they have taken me at my word (Very wise of them).

I had a Mondeo lease car when I was working and the service isues I had with SMC not doing what they should was appalling. So you may be right???

Regards