Glove box lid

Kablam

The catch is broken and I understand I need to replace the whole front (as it is bonded together so I cannot dismantle and fix the opening mechanism). So I was wondering, how can I remove the front panel, I have found the part number and cost (god bless search function)

Cheers

Blam

I know I cannot repair the mechanism (The door is bonded so I cannot open it and fix it) I need to know how to remove the door. As I understand the 2 screws underneath hold the entire glove box in place, along with 3 screws on the inside top of the glove box.

If you're worried about doing any damage by using the 'wiggle' method, the removing the five screws you mentioned will allow you to remove the entire glovebox from the dash - you'll need to disconnect the cold air pipe and the wiring for the light, too! Once it's out the car, you can work on it much more easily! :)

If you need more help with removal and refitting, search for a thread I did under 'noisy Fabia ventilation fan' - I'd post a link myself, but am surfing on phone at the mo!

HTH :thumbup:

No need to remove the screws - open the lid and look at the hinge area - you will see two black plastic discs, one on each side. These are the hinge pins and can be pulled/pushed towards the middle of the glovebox lid to release it.

• 2 months later...
sorry to bring this back up but do you know the part number and cost? mine snapped earlier and im fuming. cheers

If your glove box lid is on the left side of the car (and the opening mechanism on the right end of the lid) the part no is 6Y2 857 121, if it's on the right side of the car and the mechanism on the left end of the lid the part no is 6Y1 857 121.

This is for Fabia.

Don't know the price though :/