Clocks dont work. Please Help!

naleca

Please Help! I have a 2000 Octavia and all the clocks on the dash are flat on the board sometimes they all pop on agin for about 2 seconds, the digital clocks work with no problem but all needles dont....Whats wrong and how do I fix it:mad:

Probably a dry joint on the circuit board behind the dials. if you can get the board our you could examine all the joints (particularly around voltage regulators - if there are any) and see if you can find anything that can be made good.

If not then the board can be replaced, but that requires more work like recoding the keys for the car, etc I believe.

Pull fuse no.15 for me when the fault next happens. It's a good bet your dash will spring to life. If so, you can run it like that but will lose any memory when you turn ign off (trip, miles per gallon etc). It's a fault in the ECU in the panel.

I have a guy who just sent one to BBA reman, Kent - if you pm me to remind me when he get it back I'll give you their feedback. I think cost is £200.

Post back to let us know if I'm right or it's another issue. As noted, you can't fit another 2nd hand unit as it has to be coded and you won't have your SKC I expect, or it would have to be ripped & flashed, eg not a diy job.

Greg.

Please Help! I have a 2000 Octavia and all the clocks on the dash are flat on the board sometimes they all pop on agin for about 2 seconds, the digital clocks work with no problem but all needles dont....Whats wrong and how do I fix it:mad:

Yes, I already said above - BBA kent. If you find anyone better/cheap/find what the fault is in the electronics and repair it yourself, please let us know.

Greg.

OK! :thumbup:Thanx to both for responding.:thumbup: Removed fuse No.15 and works ok now but is there any other permanant fix that will allow the digital clocks to work also