Fabia vRS console bushes

richgoga

Been searching the forums on this as I think mine (standard fit voided ones) are worn... clunking from passenger side when going over speed bumps is the most obvious clue!

Stuck my head under for a quick look. They look ok - not too worn - and after giving both front wheels a good tug, there doesn't seem to be much play.

Any ideas on what else could be causing the annoying clunking?

And are worn bushes covered by Skoda Approved Used Car Warranty? Don't wanna be forking out if I don't have to!;)

I ain't technically minded with all this DIY car stuff so I ain't gonna be attempting this myself:rofl:

Next job... find a DEALER that supports the Skoda Approved Used Car Warranty! My local one doesn't, for some reason (Robert Bamford's - Gloucester):confused:

I had mine uprated by Unit 18 (Powerflex at the front, Cupra at the back) and the difference is quite marked. It definitely feels more 'darty' but there is a little bit more road noise than before. It's a worthwhile (and quite cheap) upgrade if they need doing. It's not that far from Gloucester to Unit 18 in Milton Keynes - better get it done by someone who knows what they're doing I reckon.

Been searching the forums on this as I think mine (standard fit voided ones) are worn... clunking from passenger side when going over speed bumps is the most obvious clue!

Stuck my head under for a quick look. They look ok - not too worn - and after giving both front wheels a good tug, there doesn't seem to be much play.

Any ideas on what else could be causing the annoying clunking?

And are worn bushes covered by Skoda Approved Used Car Warranty? Don't wanna be forking out if I don't have to!;)

I ain't technically minded with all this DIY car stuff so I ain't gonna be attempting this myself:rofl:

Next job... find a DEALER that supports the Skoda Approved Used Car Warranty! My local one doesn't, for some reason (Robert Bamford's - Gloucester):confused:

Have a look at the front anti-rollbar bushes and drop links, it could be one of these.

My mate had this in his Ibiza. Bought the bushes and came to mine to start. They were fine as you've stated and it was the engine mount that was the problem. Have a look

Had a closer look at the console bushes, arb bushes and drop links and all seem ok...

thinking you might be on to something with the engine mount tho mate... especially after doing a bit more digging round the forums...

knocking seems to happen more with throttle on/off/on/off...

Have reposted now, but I'm struggling to find any pics of what I'm supposed to be looking for! :rolleyes:

I had worn console bushes too and would also hear a noise (think it was a squeaking noise) on sudden acceleration/deceleration and over bumps. Fitting the cupra bushes fixed it.

Try spraying wd-40 over the bushes and see if the noise disappears. That (and briskoda of course) is what put me on to it.