Heater fix

pg200

So much for all the theories on why the cabin heaters don't work / pack up. Removed mine today to investigate and what did I find...the brushes to the motor had worn out. A quick look on ebay and found a new set for £15, nice. Don't believe all the hype on here about control flaps, check the simple things first and work back:rofl:

Edited by pg200

Whilst I am happy that you have resolved your issue there are more polite ways of making a point.

People on here can only help diagnose based on information given and try their very best, yes they may get it wrong sometimes but it is by no means deliberate when this happens.

I have learnt so much from others on this forum and am grateful for the help available and try to pass it on where I think I can.

Advice on here is given freely what mechanic will do that for you so a little gratitude would not go amiss :finger:

And if the motor isnt blowing it wont be a control flap anyway. Its even unlikely to be a series resistor as that will work still on full speed so its either going to be a loss of voltage to the motor or a faulty motor.

But thanks for the kind words and input, the door you come in through is also the exit.