Stain on seats - how to remove?

RallyInfo

Coke :eek: Couldn't you have spilt something a bit easier to clean up!

Dreadful stuff..sorry. Don't mess about with it just yet. You can make some stains worse if you do the wrong thing.

Have got a link on an e mail somewhere in this electric shed, specifically for the removal of stains.

Will dig around tomorrow, so will probably be off line for a couple of weeks working out how to find it. :D

Jon'

Iv'e just e mailed my mate who sent me the info a few months ago. Can't find the original...must delete some of these e mails :rolleyes:

Will get back to you as soon as he responds. Probably tomorrow,and you can then sort it on Sunday :P

Please leave it 'til then, 'cus seriously mate you can seal some stains in if you do the wrong thing

Todays tip :thumbup: Chewing gum! ICE! Freeze it and it shatters off!

Do a bit of that in my job,and they always look at me a bit daftish wondering why I want a fridge to fix a stain!

C.J. is right, Don't even think of soaking the area or anything like that. You will just end up diluting the coke which will leave you with a bigger stain which has soaked right into the seat.

The reason soaps foam is that the bubbles lift dirt. the same goes for products like spray on cleaners. They won't penatrate far but instead lift the contaminant up.

We use extractors here, which are probably a bit beyond your buget for one stain so I won't recommend buying one. But the idea is that they spray on a soap and suck it straight out again before it has a chance to soak or spread (it's a spray jet attached to a hoover! like most things in this game, there is no real magic).

I'll be interested to see what solution C.J.s mate comes up with.

Jon'

My mate has just e mailed me back. Can't remember the exact site address,but reckons he just typed in 'coke stains' on google.

I have a recollection that white vinegar was mentioned,but check some sites out first.

Failing all that,go to your local Asda or whatever and go to the soaps/cleaners shelves,and check out 'Stain Devils' by Glo care. Cant vouch for their effectivness, and may be a good idea to stain the underside of the back seat with coke deliberatley,or anywhere that it can't be seen,leave it to dry for a few hours,then tackle it per instructions on back of bottle.

Think these little bottles are only about

And as for milk...well you just don't do you! Basically new carpet! Then you've got the problem of where else has it gone within the bodyworks crevices,rotting and mould growing stinking bacteria. Ohhhh!

Dog hairs...Yuc..get everywhere.They stink especially in warm bacteria inducing conditions!

Can't believe Danny,how many valeters leave a wet interior to go mouldy..especially in the winter.

Ive refused to work on some cars because of the health risk. We are talking whole seats here with blue/green fungus all over them!

'Proffesional' valeters should know better.

I have a recollection that white vinegar was mentioned' date='but check some sites out first.

[/quote']

Ah white vinegar ........SWMBO's answer for everything at the moment :D

I think I will try it on the rubbing strips tomorrow ..............well I have NEVER known her to be wrong on anything yet ........so I expect she will be right again ;)

Pleased to oblige fellah :thumbup: C.J.s new way of keeping us all slim!

Thanks for the c.j diet advice. but if i get any thinner, i'll disapear :eek:

ps i've heard of the atkin's diet. what about the c.j diet. you never know, could make you a fortune. :)

jonno(even thinner now!).

Excellent news fellah. You'll be glad you spent the money and didn't tackle it yourself then? :thumbup:

Did they give the whole interior a blast, or just the stain, just as a matter of interest?

When we've all been 'leathered',this will virtually be a problem of the past.

If ever you get biro on leather or cloth by the way,you must try and remove within an hour. That apparently is the time it takes to dry and become permanent!

Just asked them to do the light coloured part of the front passenger seat and they didn't charge me a penny - very happy! I'm sure if I had tackled it I would only have made it worse...

J

Fair play to them :thumbup: