Whats the best performance air filter to use?

chrisw880

A performance panel filter would probably suit you best, go for a Pipercross foam one.

Foam is far more suitable for road use than cotton-gauze filters as they require less maintenance and offer better airflow throughout their life.

Pipercross (see Awesome) is easy to fit and you can clean it as often as you like. I do mine every 5K. Original is good, but the change interval is a nonsense and if you like a clean filter all the time then the cost of the Pipercross is soon reclaimed.

I also run a K&N panel filter, no complaints but then I've not tried any other panel filters.

On my first car (a Fabia 1.4 8v), I stuck on a cone foam filter :rofl: Made a very entertaining noise, but my fuel consumption took a hit (probably because I was giving it the beans more often to hear the noise!) :o

Im running a k+n panel filter in mine as stated below, i think they are the best, been making filters for years, just put it in and forget about it.

I think you need to clean it every now and then with K&N cleaner, then re-oil it with the red dye oil.

Well thats what i did on my motorcycles filter