octavia sdi coil light flashing and car cutting out please help

davers

octavia sdi coil light flashing and car cutting out please help

hi to all i am in need of some help, today my octavia sdi 52 plate heater plug light started to flash on and off all the time when i drive the car. but the other thing is a few times now since this happend the car just dies on me in forth gear when i accelerate, it does not cut out though it i.e i dont have to restart the engine.

please help on this one as my heads in bits now

thanks to all :eek:

Moved to Octavia I.

Dave as I said in your last thread you really need to have a diagnostic check. Many of the members here have the equipment to help you with that but you need to update your location and we'll see if there is somone near you.

hi again with reference to the last post i done, what i have noticed while at work in my car tonight is, when i accelerate the car has no power but does not cut out on me, now this is not happening all the time, if i dip the clutch the car will rev up fine but if i am driving or pulling out at a junction its got no power. I know i have been advised to get it on the computer but its so close to christmas i just cant afford to stick it on the computer, so has anyone got any ideas what this could be.

thanks from davers

Dave if you look in your user control panel you can edit the location to appear in the left box (Look at mine for instance) It just helps us to find if we can help.

There is a list of people with the diagnostic tool here - http://briskoda.net/diagnostics-vag-com/vag-com-owners-map/80992/

See if you can find someone near you and send them a PM (Private Message). Most people will do it for free or the price of a pint and it's much better than randomly throwing parts at it to try and fix it.

Check that your brake lights work correctly. It's quite possible that the glow plug light flashing is nothing to do with the cutting out, but is actually warning of a failure in the brake light switch.

I think everything that can be said on the cutting out for now has been.