Is this oil right?

Rob.

I Know I know, another thread about oil but This is already in my car and I'd like some advice!

Got full service a couple of weeks ago and on the paper work it says

"Engine Oil (Synthetic PD 5W 30)"

In Short... am I screwed?

It is a little smokey on cold mornings but I put this down to it being cold.. and once it's all warm it's fine (the smoke is white)..

And the last couple of cold morning's its had just a tiny little cough after having JUSt being cranked.. again, I put this down to the cold and it being a diesel.

Any thoughts / advice welcome.. esspecially if it's "That's Fine" ;)

Rob.

Thanks, that makes me feel a little better.

I mainly asked because almost everywhere says it should be 5W 40?

I wouldn't normally question my mechanics work as he's always come through for me over the last couple of years and truly seems to know what he's doing (unlike many).. It's just that I know he was ill when ordering the parts and then when I read somewhere it should be 5W 40 it threw me.

Edited by reflex88

That is fine- no extended interval on a Fabia vRS. The important bit is the 'PD', that pretty much guarantees it's 505.01. You could always ask them to confirm, but it sounds OK to me.