Merritts Skoda - Aylesbury and VAG-TUNE Aylesbury

phil_monk

Hi Everyone,

I have recently moved jobs and now working in Aylesbury, The fabia needs a service soon and I have Merritts Skoda round the corner. Anyone used them before or had any experiance with them?

There is also a place called VAG TUNE, seen a few of there advertising cars driving around. Anyone used them at all?

Thanks

Phil

Hi, I live in Aylesbury as well and have had dealings with them, although on a small scale. I was trying to get parts and some advice and it took them ages to serve me, find the right person for the job and generally didn't seem to care. Although once I got the right person on each occasion they have been helpful and willing to do a couple of small things for free. However, they did seem to give high prices for work (But I haven't shopped round as I decided I could live with a leaky door).

Looking at the service history that came with the car they do seem to fleece people for work that doesn't need doing so make sure they don't get you on that.

Thats my experience though, hopefully someone else can help a bit more.

I have a mate who has had his MKIV golf S3 conversion done there. Not at all impressed with the time it took and then the map from it was only 230BHP (somware round there anyway)

I would try to avod them sorry.

Thanks all the same.

All the comments seemed to be a from ages ago, thanks all the same.

Have you read the feedback by members in the Reviews section below?

http://briskoda.net/skoda-dealers-south-south-east/merritts-skoda-aylesbury/38220/

Thanks everyone else, i might give them ago and see what happends.

yea i know about all the ones near MK as I live there. Been using indi-tech. but getting booked in there on a saterday is impossible. I gave VAG TUNE a call and they quoted £180 for a 80K service? is that right? my 70K was £120 and I am sure there sure a similer service.

• 1 month later...

Hi Phil,

I have used Merritts since I bought my Fabia Estate 1.9tdi from them in March `04 then new I have found them to be ok as you say a bit slow on the desk but the technitians are good and I will proberbly take mine in again at the end of Feb. I was just looking to see if they had any servicing deals when I saw your thread. I have also used Vagtune to have the anti-hyjack installed they were good but I had to test it out up and down the road 3 times before it was finally ok but they know there stuff. I hope this helps in some waqy,

Simmo.