Removal of battery and fuel filter housings

Can anyone tell me ...

A, Will there be problem removing the battery and the skeleton like plastic housing complete. ie. will anything need reprogramming if battery off for an hour or so. The battery appears to be covered with a skeleton like plastic housing with a bus bar from positive connector to three distribution points on top of the battery and a trunk like extension running down the front of battery with internal wiring..

Also B ,the complete removal of the fuel filter and the tower like housing it sits in. Apart from the mess of derv, understand that quite a lot will leak out. Is this just a straight forward bolt off and unplug the fuel lines. Or do I have to reprime the system on reconnection ??

Any infor gratefully received... thanks in advance as sure someone will offer sound advice.

If you can supply the car with a low level charger ,perhaps through the lighter socket ,and maintain approximately 12 volts,the battery main positive and negative terminals may be removed.Be careful in not touching the positive battery lead to the chassis,this will lower the voltage being applied ,and act as if the battery was just disconnected. You can buy a 'radio etc saver' which is a low level 12 volt mains powered supply.Dont forget the 12 volts being temporarily connected cannot supply enough energy to power headlights etc. When I first removed my battery ,the radio etc worked normally when the battery is reconnected.

Regarding the filter change ,if its diesel ,I did not get any leakage,and the car needed the starter to be run about 5 to 10 minutes to clear the air lock.Hope this helps